WANTED: Yellowing Juniper Bonsai

patty_growerJune 26, 2006

I have a Juniper Bonsai that is yellow at the center and green and growing at the edge. I have fertilized serveral times since May, that is when I received the bonsai. I am very new to this type of gardening. It receives the morning sun, since we live in Texas I am concerned getting the sun all day might be too much. I also water it daily. What is wrong?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brendan_of_bonsai(4b AK)

Two things are wrong so far as I can see, firstly, you've posted in the echange section, now this won't hurt your Juniper but it may slow down the advice that you get, I suggest crossposting in the discussion forum, secondly, junipers like to get a little dry in between waterings, if you don't let that happen they will most likely develop root rot, Also, junipers can take mountain desert sun, I don't think that texas sun is going to hurt them all that much, just prevent the roots from getting to hot you are keeping it outside right?

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 5:39PM
patty_grower

Yes I am keeping it outside, I will move it so it gets more sun, I think I am watering it too much, the directions said to water it everyday, so I have really been watering it everyday. How do I post to discussion now,this is my first time to message. patty

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 10:10AM
brendan_of_bonsai(4b AK)

Yeah, bonsai really should be watered depending on cnditions, no set day system will produce very healthy trees with great root systems.

To post in discussions, you have to make your way to the discussions section of this forum and post the same way there.
You can follow the link I gave you and book mark it, or you can scroll down to the lists of forums and select bosai from there (as apose to the groupings, were you found Bonsai under the exchange grouping) or you can look at the top of the list of posts in this exchange forum and at the top see were it says "Exchanges [Switch to: Discussions : Gallery]size>size>" and click the link that says discussions.

On garden web the discussions forums generally have white back grounds (I say this because I have not seen them all) and exchanges have this color background, also Galleries generally have a light purple background. Good luck

Bookmark   July 1, 2006 at 12:20AM
More Discussions
WANTED: would love a paper birch sapling
If anyone has some paper birch saplings or seeds id...
thehodge
HAVE: Bonsai Networking
I am looking to do some networking for the purpose...
Alex Green
HAVE: Bald Cypress
Have some Bald Cypress seedlings that are about 12...
carino2010
WANTED: paper birch
I would realy like a paper birch to add to my collection...
thehodge
WANTED: Can anyone recommend any great bonsai places to visit?
I'm about to travel down the east coast of the USA...
toadsrcool
Sponsored Products
Handmade Floral Pattern Ivory/ Yellow Wool/ Art Silk Rug (8 x 10)
Overstock.com
LED Twig Tree with White - 4'
Grandin Road
Eglo Eridan Chrome and White 4-Head Spot Light
Lamps Plus
10.5 x 9.5 Pansies Lighted Accent Lamp
$102.60 | Bellacor
Authentic Models A-Cup Mobile
Classic Hostess
Franklin U-Chaise Sectional - Bentley Daisey Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Gravel Pathway Pillow Cover in Yellow