WANTED: Can anyone recommend any great bonsai places to visit?

toadsrcool(z5 CT)July 25, 2007

I'm about to travel down the east coast of the USA through NJ, Delaware, Va., NC and SC. Can anyone tell me about any great bonsai places/stores to visit?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adoptedbygreyhounds(8a)

Have you been to the National Arboretum in NE Washington, DC? 10 minutes from the capitol. We were just there three weeks ago. An amazing collection of many bonsai, penjing, suiseki. When we were there, there was a juried show of ikebana.

The extrordinary bonsai (several are gifts from heads of state from their personal collections) are in a series of pavillions and gardens, including a Japanese stroll garden, a walled Chinese garden, a Chinese scholar's room and an exhibition hall and open-air display areas for the bonsai.

Have a wonderful trip!

PS - You might get more responses if you post this in the discussions side of the forum.

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 5:58PM
adoptedbygreyhounds(8a)

PS I meant to include this link.

Don't miss numbers 24-29 and 31-34.

Here is a link that might be useful: Virtual tour of Japanese and Chinese Pavillions

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 6:03PM
sara-s

If you get to New Jersey, a visit to Allshapes Bonsai Nursery would be nice. They have a selection of established older bonsai and many pre-bonsai for purchase. Check their site for directions & hours.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allshapes Bonsai Nursery

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 6:12AM
katkeeper36

Hey there in live near Foxboro, MA. There is a place in Bellingham, MA ( near North - RI border) that is a huge Bonsai tree place ...I think it is called The Bonsai Tree Farm......lots of babies....one showroom full of old master art trees...in the $1000's of $$$$$....lots of starters for as lil as .$10. good luck

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 5:10PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Bonsai
Hello Just looking for some Bonsai starters in the...
CoreyC
HAVE: Bougainvillea Purple Carpet
I have a Purple Carpet Bougainvillea up for trade. It...
thams
WANTED: would love a paper birch sapling
If anyone has some paper birch saplings or seeds id...
thehodge
WANTED: baby jade
HI I TRANSPLANTED MY PLANT WITH SPAGHNUM PEAT MOSS....
kittyhawkjd
HAVE: Bonsai mint (plectranthus ernestii), operculicarya decary
Have small plants of these started, also ficus starters...
jolene_2010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™