WANTED: Any bulbs

green_panther(Upstate NY)April 1, 2008

Hello,

I am hoping that there are some generous folks out there that have a super surplus of bulbs. I would love to put in a 3-season bulb garden but doubt that I could finance the whole thing out of pocket. I figured I would ask you guys first if you had any bulbs you would be willing to trade for any of the seeds on my list or some cannas (I know that anyone that had cannas has LOTS of canna! The multiple fast!). I'll pay shipping, whatever. Let me know if you have an offer of any kind!

Thanks guys - I am also looking for some suggestions on layout for a 3 season all bulb garden... I'm thinking that I will most likely have to integrate some sort of ground cover for some of the dying foliage but would love it if the whole thing was bulbs!!!!

Miranda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laineyplantgrower(7b- Charlotte, NC)

Hi Miranda,

I have several bulbs that I need to find homes for. The problem is... right now they're in the ground and have foilage out. They've already bloomed and the flowers have died but the stems and leaves are still there. If you think it's ok to mail these as-is, I'd love to get them to you. I have:
2-3 tulips
3-4 crocus
5-8 daffodils
maybe a couple more, I'll have to go look!

I just looked at your trade list and I'm interested in the following for myself and to share with a 'new to plants' friend who would like to start out with herbs:
peppermint cuttings
catnip seeds
basil
oregano
parsley
thyme

Thanks, let me know what you think.
-Elaine

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
HAVE: have bulbs, would like to trade for bulbs
Have extras of these for other spring and summer blooming...
SmokyMist
HAVE: have; dahlia - 'sky angel' , daffodil- dick wilden
Hi - I have these for trade; dahlia - 'sky angel' daffodil-...
Mistee17
HAVE: Garden Pink Amaryllis for White Amaryllis
I bought several Garden Pink Amaryllis from Lowes last...
senjanevada
HAVE: I think is an maroon beard Iris not sure
I am guessing is a maroon beard iris. I would like...
lavenderpyly
HAVE: Red Asiatic Liliy for Tiger Lily & Allium
Want Allium - a mix of Large purple and White Globemaster. and...
happytomato2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™