HAVE: 80 Zephyranthes drummondii seeds

west_texas_peg(8a West Cen TX)May 18, 2007

I realize this is the Bulb Forum but these seeds produce a bulb. My Zephyranthes drummondii have numerous seed pods this spring and I have many baby Z. drummondii in my flowerbeds. Would like to swap for other rain lilies or ??

Peggy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luv4buds(z6KY)

I am looking for some rain lilies. I know that I live in the wrong planting zone for them, but I saw them growing in a container during a garden tour last year in Cincinnati and fell in love with them. I think that by brining the whole container in during the winter, they will survive our cold winters. What are you offering, when will they bloom, etc. I have some daffodil bulbs that are very beautiful called Salome. They are mid spring blooming with a pinkish orange cup. We could do an exchange. Just let me know.

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 11:52PM
west_texas_peg(8a West Cen TX)

I'm offering seeds of Zephyranthes drummondii. Were you looking for bulbs?

Peggy

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 12:30AM
luv4buds(z6KY)

Yes, I understand that you have the seeds. I am not familiar with how these seeds become bulbs. What is needed for them to mature into blooming bulbs, special conditions, etc.Tell me how long it takes to become a blooming bulb. Have you had success with these seeds? I will continue to pursue my quest to get some rain lilies.

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 11:01PM
west_texas_peg(8a West Cen TX)

I have planted several varieties of rain lily seeds and have baby plants...the plant forms a bulb as it matures. Some of my baby drummondii were planted 2 years ago...it takes time.

I have Z. citrina babies...look like the grass people grow to 'decorate' in their homes. Also have Pink and White rain lily babies. It is a slow method.

Have also planted amaryllis seeds with several new plants and recently planted canna seeds and have babies.

Peggy

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
wanted: black magic ee's
Anyone have any extra Black Magic Elephant Ear bulbs?...
LaceyG
lindamarie
HAVE: Watsonias & other bulbs
I have several colors of Watsonia to trade for other...
susi_so_calif
HAVE: have; dahlia - 'sky angel' , daffodil- dick wilden
Hi - I have these for trade; dahlia - 'sky angel' daffodil-...
Mistee17
looking for spring bulbs to trade
I am looking for many spring bulbs such as daffodils,...
illinoisdoglover
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™