Large rectangular planters ?

doomahxJanuary 14, 2013

Does anyone know of any websites that sell large rectangular planters? Around 24 inches tall would be ideal, 36-48 inches long and not terribly wide, preferably plastic. I found some that size but it seems like they are all metal, resin or wood and cost more than a few hundred dollars. I also checked the container store to see if they had any plastic bins i could use but nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al

If you will take a few minutes and figure out the weight of the soil, when wet, for such a large container, I think the reason for the high cost will be evident. Could you use something smaller and especially not so deep? Al

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 9:53AM
nil13(z21 L.A., CA (Mt. Washington))

You could always make some out of pressure treated 2x6s.

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 11:09AM
MadameMeow

I'm not sure you meant 24" TALL, or was it 24" long? Unless you're talking trees, I'm not sure roots will extend so deep, so you can put packing 'peanuts' in the bottom to reduce weight, or a false bottom.
OSH now has larger containers than usual available; I just bought 24" round plastic pots with standard aspect ratio (so about 24" tall)for $19. Maybe they will have something you'll like; try Home Depot also. I suspect these stores get a large range of pots early in the year, but when they are gone, they are gone till next year,
mm

Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 11:28AM
More Discussions
To find popular threads try this...
When you are looking for popular threads from the GW...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
Meyer Exploding in 5-1-1
My meyer lemon in 5-1-1 is just going nuts right now....
Jay Part Shade (Zone 10B, S21, Los Angeles)
Zuchinni/Courgette, lots of leaf growth, but not many fruit
Hi, My courgette plant is doing great in terms of leaf...
bopwinter
Coarse Perlite for 5:1:1
Hi all, first off is "coarse" the correct...
halocline
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™