What kind of Bonsai do I have and care...

bwackvApril 28, 2014

Hello,

I purchased this little "bonsai" at home depot about a month and half ago. I don't know what kind. It's in my apartment getting moderate, east-facing light. The pine needles (or whatever they are) are starting to become very brittle and fall off to the touch. I don't know how to care for this plant and I don't know what kind it is! I've been watering when dry and giving it plant food. Should I spray it regularly? Please find attached picture.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cadillactaste

Looks like a juniper procumben. If the base pebbles and moss are glued...remove that imediately! That could be a majority of the problem. Box stores are known for that sort of thing.

Second...this tree is an outdoor bonsai. (No matter what the tag said) it also goes dormant and needs cooler temps in the winter. I house mine in an un-heated out building during winter. I wish you success...but, that would be the first steps I would do...and hope for the best.

If it is showing signs of needles being brittle...stop with the plant food. Until it shows signs of regaining health.

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
New to bonsai
Hey there. I am relatively new to indoor plants although...
ecj2015
Need Help Identifying bonsai tree and potential age
I purchased this bonsai yesterday. the pot that you...
Edward Nehamkin
Fukien Tea - Making a come back!!!
Hello Everyone, this is a wonderful story. Back in...
halocline
Will a Holly. make a good Bosnia?
I just bought a holly in a six inch pot. It just says...
plantermunn
making bonsai leaves smaller
i heard somewhere that if you cut back the leaves on...
raregreen
Sponsored Products
Shower Curtain Artistic - Man Woman Yoga II
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Distressed Oriental Orange/ Brown Rug (5'3 x 7'6)
Overstock.com
New Antiqued 3x20 Heriz HandKnotted Wool Serapi Rose Red Floral Runner Rug H5417
BH Sun Inc
Furniture of America Clive Leatherette Loveseat - IDF-6717RD-LV
$429.91 | Hayneedle
Vintage Style Square Sink
Overstock.com
Couristan Recife Summit Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug - Blue/Black - 1043/5000-5.3X7.6
$69.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™