crocus blooming on attic steps

jewelbeetleFebruary 23, 2010

Hi there everyone---Ihad to move all my entire garden in 2009 so I had various rescued bulbs in containers in dec, I brought them in so they wouldnt freeze above ground. They were ok, now they are trying to bloom on the attic steps. Daffs are poking up outside where the snow is melted near the house. There is other bulbs in these containers in the attic. I don't know what to do. Should I plant them outside already? I got spring fever in Md.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Just go ahead and place the conatiners outside now. Plant in the ground when your soil becomes workable (no longer frozen or too wet). A container of blooming crocus on the front porch or entry stairs would be a very colorful welcome :-))

FWIW, a potted container of bulbs is unlikely to freeze solid or turn to mush in zone 7, despite your recent cold weather and lots of snow.

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 1:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jewelbeetle

I put them out on Feb. 24th and you should see them now!!! Thank you so much for the advise, I really didn't think they would be ok. After their done at least I will know where to place them in the garden because most everything will be up.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 6:37PM
More Discussions
Gloriosa lily in zone 7b
Does anyone have experience growing gloriosa lily (gloriosa...
southerngardening24
what to do now, amaryllis?
My amaryllis had 5 large blooms, than sent up another stock...
penroy
Poll: What new flowers will be coming up next Spring?
So, I went a bit crazy this fall and will have planted...
posierosie_zone7a__
Unsure what to do with cyclamen
There are a lot of cyclamen posts but none seem to...
cosuperfly
identify tulips
I have 2 tulips that I need help identifying. The little...
jessica_h
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™