Identification Of Bonsai Type

Dan7385June 8, 2013

Hi.

I am totally new to Bonsai trees. I purchased two of the pics shown from a Chinese agent here in Thailand. I cannot identify the tree concerned. Also bearing in mind the tropical weather here, can you please advise on how to make this tree survive. Currently has yellow l and black leaves and is shedding leaves so quickly.?

Was re potted and had root pruning and placed in a shallow pot with gravel and re-potting compost and also fed with phosphate , nitrogen and phostrogen Have not watered for four days ...soil still seems to gooey and wet.

Many thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dan7385

Further to my original message...Here are some better photos which might help identify this plant.

The Vendor who sold these to me, had them tie wrapped in hessian and claimed that they were at least twenty years old. So I guess they had never been root pruned , nor re potted.

So my question is simple,....if they can live outdoors with the Vendor in this climate with hessian, sunshine and tropical rain , plus extreme heat from March through to end of May, how come by re-potting them, they have started to look so sick.?

Thanks again. Would hate to lose these beautiful trees.

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 4:31AM
simsedward
    Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 10:15PM
souradeep1982(India(Calcutta))

Most probably ficus microcarpa.

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 4:29PM
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

Your plant, as noted by Ed, is Ehretia microphylla, aka Fukian or Fujian tea. In the statement "Have not watered for four days ...soil still seems to gooey and wet" [sic] is the answer to, "How come by re-potting them, they have started to look so sick?" You've used an inappropriate soil and they are dying of thirst in a sea of plenty for lack of the O2 needed for normal root function.

Al

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 4:49PM
More Discussions
New Chinese elm
Hi, I received a nice chinese elm bonsai as a gift....
doomahx
great nebari
Hello everyone, I am starting to experiment with ways...
halocline
Goji berry bonsai
I recently purchased a goji berry and was wondering...
Joshua Hughes
Rosemary Bonsai
I'm fairly new to bonsai and I have a question about...
satisdee
Growing Conifers from cutting.
Hi, I recently took some conifer cuttings ( cedar,...
Joshua Hughes
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™