Need Help With Eucalyptus Silver Dollar

fairyskyla(z5NY)June 10, 2005

Hi,

I am hoping this forum can help me. I recently received a Eucalyptus silver dollar tree. I would like to bonsai this and keep it indoors. So far it is adopting to it's environment well. I have it under flourescent lights. Do any of you grow Eucalyptus? Do you think this is possible? To keep this tree indoors and prune it and just maintain it small? I would very much like to keep it and see it thrive. Any tips for it's care, or if you think this would be possible, would be much appreciated.

P.S. I received this plant about a week and half ago in terrible shape. What I did was completely defoliate it and moved it to get light. I did lightly water it. I has now grown four leaves back and is starting to show little baby leaves. I will take a picture of it later on today and post it here.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brendan_of_bonsai(4b AK)

Juvenile eucalyptus have silver dollar leaves, as it growsthey switch to the lance shaped leaves. I'm not sure if its an age thing or a size thing but I would think it beneficial, with young eucalyptus you get three or four long sprigs of silver dollar leaves, very unconvincing as a bonsai IMHO

Goot luck, maybe post a picture in the gallery for some creative advice from other members too.

Bookmark   June 10, 2005 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
Who's Going to MABA show in July?
Wondering if anyone from GW is planning to attend the...
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)
my bonsai lossing its green leaves !
Hello dears , I've brought a very lovely bonsai tree...
sara03
My bonsai (ficus microcarpa ginseng) is dying/dead with no leaves
So I bought a ficus microcarpa from Ikea. Day 2- The...
elty
Growing Conifers from cutting.
Hi, I recently took some conifer cuttings ( cedar,...
Joshua Hughes
Need help identifying
I bought a small tree from ikea last week (I know that's...
znem1987
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™