Ficus Microcarpa brown leaf spot

jtuten(6)June 13, 2014

I have a Ficus Microcarpa that has developed a strange leaf spot that I can't identify. New leaves come in green, as you can see in the photo, but older leaves have either a series of spots or they start to turn brownish-yellow. I've trimmed some off but older leaves continue to degrade. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moochinka

Weird! I wonder if it isn't some kind of natural mutation (or if someone else here would know otherwise). Are the spots smooth or raised? And are leaves dying off or just looking funny? Have you fertilized with ???

This post was edited by moochinka on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 9:39

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 9:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jtuten(6)

The spots are more like tiny dimples than smooth or raised. I've not fertilized it lately, but when I do I generally use a miracle grow water-based fertilizer. The leaves are not dying off and the plant seems remarkably healthy. I moved it to my office away from my other ficus bonsai at home and placed it under a full spectrum compact florescent lamp and it is covered with new growth, so I might just wait a week or two for it to full adjust to it's new home and trim the older, spotted leaves off. I also don't think it is a mutation as I have other bonsai that began as trimmings from this one that seem uninfected. But this guy was sitting on my balcony amongst many other ficus and none have developed this. Strange.

Bookmark   June 18, 2014 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
Rosemary Bonsai
I'm fairly new to bonsai and I have a question about...
satisdee
Goji berry bonsai
I recently purchased a goji berry and was wondering...
Joshua Hughes
training pots
hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has ever...
halocline
Weeping Willow....
The old Thread that I posted on this Weeping Willow...
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
Will a Holly. make a good Bosnia?
I just bought a holly in a six inch pot. It just says...
plantermunn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™