What did I plant?

junco1102(5b)March 31, 2012

I feel really stupid, but what is new, right? I bought several different types of bulbs last fall from our Botanical Center, that I had never planted before. I saved all of the labels from the paper sacks, but I didn't mark exactly where each was planted. Now, I have foliage coming up, but I am not sure what some of them are. I know I had three Allium Gladiator and three Allium Globemaster, and I am assuming that is what these are, but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me which is which. I did a search online, but it is rare to actually see the foliage in picutres, they just show the blooms. Here they are:

Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katob Z6ish, NE Pa

The first is globe master, the second gladiator. When the blooms open you can confirm the names....

I think I have you beat as far as doing stupid things, I wouldn't even list something this small in my stupid book!
They look great btw

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 2:17PM
junco1102(5b)

Thanks. I am really excited to see them bloom!

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 6:20PM
Ispahan Zone6a Chicago

I agree 100% with kato_b's assessment. Globe allium foliage is, at least to me, a stunningly undervalued early spring ornamental. Yes, it does die early just as the flowers open, but until then it looks wonderful in an early spring garden. The giant, glaucous foliage of 'Ambassador' has almost the presence of a small shrub. And isn't it amazing how compact the 'Globemaster' rosettes are due to its half Allium christophii heritage? The parents of these hybrids really do shine through.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
Gloriosa lily in zone 7b
Does anyone have experience growing gloriosa lily (gloriosa...
southerngardening24
Any small tulips which voles & squirrels won't eat?
I would love to plant some small tulips, in the 4 to...
Eimer
Daffodil foliage emerging
I'm not one to panic when spring bulb foliage appears...
agardenstateof_mind
Gladiolus bulbs, direct sunlight
I would like to try planting some this spring in New...
xyz10
Snowdrops in the green...
Does anyone know of a source for purchasing snowdrops...
scott_madison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™