Show me your reblooming daylilies

pippi21(Z7 Silver Spring, Md.)April 6, 2011

Do you have a favorite place that you purchase your daylilies?

I don't have any now but if I could buy the variety that rebloom over and over I might be tempted, and must keep them under 30 inches in height. Mr. doesn't like anything taller than that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

First, it might be helpful to know that daylilies are not bulbs....and despite their common name, they are not even true lilies. They are fleshy rooted perennials.

The classic rebloomers are 'Stella D'Oro' and 'Happy Returns', together with their recent cousins, 'Black-Eyed Stella' and 'Rosy Returns'. All of these tend to be rather compact plants for daylilies and should stay well under your 30" height requirement.

There are also a number of newer intros that have reblooming features and these tend to offer a wider selection of color choices but you may need to seek out a daylily specialty nursery (many online - just Google) to see the full range. And with new daylily intros, prices can range from very modest to ridiculous.

You might want to post this query on the Daylily forum as well -- you'll probably get far more responses and more detailed ones at that.

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 12:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al

I now have a wonderful daylily that blooms up to frost and is also one of the first to bloom in the spring. Unfortunately I don't know its name. All my daylilies I have received from friends gardens as gifts. I am propagating this plant as fast as I can so I will have a lot more bloom, even if less variety. Just so you know there are some really good blooming daylilies available today. Al

Bookmark   April 7, 2011 at 9:09AM
More Discussions
What is this weed bulb?
This is some sort of bulb - all I know about it. It...
jacqueline9CA
Poll: share what is blooming for you!
My brother in Zone 8 has daffodils blooming! What...
posierosie_zone7a__
Frozen Glad Bulbs
I screwed up. Dug up my gladiolus bulbs, but left them...
gorgar1
Help! Ranunculus drooping.
I live in Zone 9-9b and planted some ranunculus plants...
Avantika
Poll: What new flowers will be coming up next Spring?
So, I went a bit crazy this fall and will have planted...
posierosie_zone7a__
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™