Fukien Tea Bonsai Sap/Mealy Bugs?!?!?!

candycoutureAugust 15, 2007

I recently purchased a 10 year old Fukien Tea Bonsai. He is in excellent health and produces numerous leaves, flowers, and berries daily but recently I noticed these nasty TINY little bugs that seem to be a pale white or green color attaching themselves to the new flower buds and leafs! They are so creepy and gross and no matter how many I remove each day they come back within a few hours. I am not 100% sure what type of bug they are, but from reading internet reviews they seem to be some type of sap sucking mealy bug.

I was told I can dip the plant (not the roots) in a liquid soap and water mix but for some reason that seem so harmful, and I havent the first clue as to what kind of spray I could buy to fight of these sick little things, so any advice or help would be MUCH appreciated!!!

~MJ

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy(6)

I think you might have aphids (watch out for ants who are attracted by them!) and the best (and safest) thing you can do is find some Neem oil at a nursery, either by its own name, or as the major ingredient in a spray made for roses. Soap and water sprays aren't as effective on aphids as they are on spider mites and not always received as well by the plant. Good luck.

Bookmark   August 16, 2007 at 4:58AM
More Discussions
From seedling
I was just wondering how do I grow my plant into a...
Shivam Shetty
Pepper Bonsai help
Hi, I've just received some Bolivian Rainbow Pepper...
alouyakis
my bonsai lossing its green leaves !
Hello dears , I've brought a very lovely bonsai tree...
sara03
Growing Conifers from cutting.
Hi, I recently took some conifer cuttings ( cedar,...
Joshua Hughes
Weeping Willow....
The old Thread that I posted on this Weeping Willow...
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™