websites or places for buying bonsai trees

boulou3August 10, 2014

Does anyone know any websites that I can buy I nice bonsai tree that ships, preferably a website with plenty of varieties to chose from, if not does anyone know any stores in south Florida that sell bonsai trees? Any help would be greatly appreciated please and thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moochinka

You know, you can just go to your local nursery, get some young (or not so young) trees and DIY, which is way more meaningful, educational and interesting than buying someone else's already half done (or mostly, if they're already old) trees, plus it's much less expensive. And you can find appropriate pots somewhere along the way.

Another thing to think about is that buying trees online means you don't get to examine them in any real way - can't see what's on the far side, can't really check out the root structure on top, or know if there are insects around... or to put it another way, would you want to buy a new pet like that, or other types of artwork?

This post was edited by moochinka on Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 6:21

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 10:19PM
sradleye

agree with moonchinka, check out your local proprietors. I would think in s fl there would be many within a reasonable distance, with much variety.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 3:19PM
lotteryticket

I drive by Bonsai West every day and I believe they have a great reputation. I have never been in and know nothing about Bonsai but you can poke around their site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonsai West

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 3:30PM
spaceman13(6b)

I would consider joining your local bonsai club and seeing where they would suggest. Perhaps a member might sell you one, or better yet, a pre-bonsai from their collection at a reasonable price, and help you start your own.

This post was edited by spaceman13 on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 13:07

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
New Chinese elm
Hi, I received a nice chinese elm bonsai as a gift....
doomahx
How long for wiring?
When using wires to shape a tree, typically, how long...
whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
Goji berry bonsai
I recently purchased a goji berry and was wondering...
Joshua Hughes
Weeping Willow....
The old Thread that I posted on this Weeping Willow...
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
My bonsai seedling
Okay so I recieved a bonsai kit for Christmas from...
mikyt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™