Costco Narcissus Bulb

number2(USDA 9b/Sunset 14)April 3, 2013

Last fall, I bought a bag of 50 "Double" Narcissus, white based flower with either peach or yellow intermixing with white center . I was so excited and planted all the bulbs by December. Most of the bulbs are coming up now but to my surprise, all but only one are Trumpet Narcissus and they are all in Yellow! I already have some Trumpet varieties in my garden, both yellow and white, and I don't more Trumpet. The only Double Narcissus in the batch is not even white, the whole flower is yellow.

I am so disappointed in the costco bulb now. Just want to share this with those who are planning to get bulb from costco. If you are not particular about color and varieties, Costco may still work for you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

Would you like to trade those for something on my trade list?

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 10:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al

Costco is usually pretty liberal in accepting returns if you kept your proof of purchase. I know it is not a lot of money, but the work of the planting, and the disappointment. I hope you can trade with someone. I buy from Costco and sometimes I am disappointed but accept it in exchange for the price. Al

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
40% bulb sale on Van Engelen
in case anyone is interested.
KarenPA_6b
Gladiolus bulbs, direct sunlight
I would like to try planting some this spring in New...
xyz10
Unsure what to do with cyclamen
There are a lot of cyclamen posts but none seem to...
cosuperfly
Poll: What new flowers will be coming up next Spring?
So, I went a bit crazy this fall and will have planted...
posierosie_zone7a__
identify tulips
I have 2 tulips that I need help identifying. The little...
jessica_h
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™