storing spider lilies

canscrap4u2_growMay 6, 2010

i need to dig up my spider lilies and move them to oklahoma with me next month. the foilage is yellow now and could technically be cut. Should i did the bulbs up, dust with a fungicide and store in a nylon bag and plant when I get there, or should I take them out of the dirt, and put them in another pot of dirt immediatly and then plant in the ground when i get to the new house. I might add that there is some time in between when we will be in a rental house until our new house is finished being built. It will be finished about end of August and they will bloom normally the end of Sept...any experience moving these babies?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Do you know for sure actually what the spider lilies are, as there are numerous ones that go by that term. What you have, 'may' not be hardy in OK, so you may even have to think about planting them in pots, and storing in a protected area, away from freezing temps, in order to keep them.

Do you know what zone you will be in in OK? If you don't, you can go HERE to find out your new zone.

If they are red, chances are that they are Lycoris Radiata which is hardy to zone 7.

Sue

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
What to do with tulip bulbs
Recent visitors from the Netherlands brought me 30...
chickadee3a
Gladiolus bulbs, direct sunlight
I would like to try planting some this spring in New...
xyz10
40% bulb sale on Van Engelen
in case anyone is interested.
KarenPA_6b
Storing Oxalis rhizomes
I've just repotted an old oxalis triangularis that's...
garystpaul
Please Help! Can I plant allium bulbs in the spring?
Hello all, I just found this website yesterday and...
midwestplantsfan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™