Gross Wick for Gritty Mix Help!
I have a very quick question. I have been using the wick method to get a handle on watering in the Gritty Mix (as well as to ensure that excess water drains out-since my Gritty Mix still has a bit of PWT; every time after watering and then tipping my pot, a bit more water will drain out).
Does anyone ever have a problem with the wick getting moldy? I know this is gross...but with the less air flow around in the winter (+warmer indoor temp), my wick has decided it wants to get moldy. I soaked the moldy part of the wick with diluted bleach. But I am afraid that maybe the bacteria on the wick may travel upward to the soil?
Am I doing something wrong such that my wick is all gross?