Angelique tulips

alyciaadamo(3/4)May 14, 2010

I am so frustrated! I waited two years for my Angelique's to come up (I lost my first batch and planted the second batch to late)and now that they are up they don't even look like the pictures at all! They very very pale pink almost white and they don't even look double! Right now only one is blooming the rest aren't open yet. If NONE of them look like the picture I am so digging them up. Not only are they not fragrant but they are late and SHORT! I could have dealt with all these downfalls if they looked like they were supposed to!

Are these flowers just not "stable" or "uniform"? As long as there is a chance the others will look like they are supposed to I can deal with a couple that aren't so Angelique! I will just have to dig them all up and put them together, so you don't notice as much. Not what I planned but I could deal, I just can't deal with super light pink, late, not fragrant AND not double!

I will post a picture tomorrow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alyciaadamo(3/4)

OK The powers that be are really like to play tricks. I went out there this morning and it had a tinge of pink, maybe a shade darker than yesterday. I went out this afternoon and found this......

I swear it was white yesterday!

Bookmark   May 15, 2010 at 8:00PM
More Discussions
what's goin' on
grocery store tulips , and am i blue
daves10z7annv
Transplanting old bulbs
transplanting daffodil and other bulbs When is a good...
bigcrow007
Any idea what these are going to be?
I was cleaning up a small garden left over from our...
jenandwya
Easter lily
An Easter lily that had finished flowering had been...
yugoslava
Where does everyone order bulbs from?
I was just wondering what websites everyone uses to...
rph1234
Sponsored Products
Zuo Wilco Black Dining Table
Euro Style Lighting
Saarinen Oval Dining Table
Design Within Reach
Tulip Mocha Cups with Saucers by Alessi
$105.00 | Lumens
Black Metal and White Glass Tulip 4 Light Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Angelique Sconce
$450.00 | Bellacor