growing dwarf bulbs under cover

ortsaJune 27, 2012

Hello, i would like to grow some bulbs in pots in my alpine house. i have got an idea of the bulbs i want to grow but i have been having difficulty finding detailed cutural information on specific bulbs, particularly with how to treat bulbs while dormant. the websites and books i have read meerely say that Some bulbs need to be kept slightly moist but never detail which bulbs. what im looking for are websites or reference books which give that kind of detail. i know the way i want to grow the bulbs isnt common but there must be some material that relates to that method of growing, does anyone know of anything?

thanks for the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Checking online bulb by bulb generally provides the most detailed information as even different species of bulbs from the same genus can require different care. Be sure to search under correct botanical name..

One of the best online resources I have encountered, especially for uncommon bulbs, is the Pacific Bulb Society. Lots of great info on their website and they very generously respond to emails.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pacific Bulb Society

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
Daffodil foliage emerging
I'm not one to panic when spring bulb foliage appears...
agardenstateof_mind
Are my Calla Lilies sprouting too soon?
I live in British Columbia, we are still having very...
bcroselover
Experience with Ordering from Brecks or Royal Dutch Catalogs??
Has anyone ordered spring flowering bulbs from either...
bobk_stl
Please identify?
My son has these growing in his front lawn. I don't...
gardenbug
What to do with tulip bulbs
Recent visitors from the Netherlands brought me 30...
chickadee3a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™