I think I got banned from a forum

wordwizDecember 4, 2010

When I try to visit a site, all I get is a blank page. If I disable cookies, I go to the site, but if I try to log in, I get the blank page.

I think two things led to this. One of them was the site owner blacklisted Baker Creek Seeds (rareseeds.com) because of a personal disagreement. I PMed him that I have been doing business with them for years and never had trouble with their seeds not germinating true, order mixed up, anything. Yes, I did say it is his forum and he can do whatever he wants but that Randel has always treated me great.

Then a couple of days ago, a member posted a link to a great resource - How To Hydroponics. It's a downloadable pdf file that has, among lots of info, step-by-step info on how to build several types of hydro units. He sells the book, and it is copyrighted.

I pointed this out and was told the site only had a link to the file, not hosting it. You can read the thread at http://www.(a fav, red garden plant + ville.com/showthread.php?t=16385&page=1. (Sorry about the cryptics but apparently that site has spammed Garden Web and the word is not allowed!)

My reply about posting snide remarks said that I don't tug on Superman's Cape, I don't Spit into the Wind, I don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger and I don't know Jim. That I posted the reply to RTT before his link was removed because he posted it after the link to the Fourth Edition was removed and I believe that supporting piracy is wrong.

That message was deleted and apparently his software is set up to redirect banned members to unknown cyberspace.

I guess that is life in the big city!

Mike

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lurkandkibitz

When I try to visit a site, all I get is a blank page. If I disable cookies, I go to the site, but if I try to log in, I get the blank page.

I think two things led to this. One of them was the site owner blacklisted Baker Creek Seeds (rareseeds.com) because of a personal disagreement. I PMed him that I have been doing business with them for years and never had trouble with their seeds not germinating true, order mixed up, anything. Yes, I did say it is his forum and he can do whatever he wants but that Randel has always treated me great.

Then a couple of days ago, a member posted a link to a great resource - How To Hydroponics. It's a downloadable pdf file that has, among lots of info, step-by-step info on how to build several types of hydro units. He sells the book, and it is copyrighted.

I pointed this out and was told the site only had a link to the file, not hosting it. You can read the thread at http://www.(a fav, red garden plant + ville.com/showthread.php?t=16385&page=1. (Sorry about the cryptics but apparently that site has spammed Garden Web and the word is not allowed!)

My reply about posting snide remarks said that I don't tug on Superman's Cape, I don't Spit into the Wind, I don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger and I don't know Jim. That I posted the reply to RTT before his link was removed because he posted it after the link to the Fourth Edition was removed and I believe that supporting piracy is wrong.

That message was deleted and apparently his software is set up to redirect banned members to unknown cyberspace.

I guess that is life in the big city!

Bookmark   December 8, 2010 at 3:07PM
More Discussions
WHO calls Roundup a probable carcinogen
Very interesting... I tend to remain neutral towards...
Peter (6b SE NY)
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
gridgardener
what do I do with sprouting sweet potatoes?
It way to early to plant the sprouts.. need to be near...
jeanwedding
cutworms and diatomaceous earth
I had regular problems with cutworms and seedlings....
daninthedirt
Will I be too late to start a vegetable garden for the summer?
Hello! My husband and I will be moving from Florida...
merritt623
Sponsored Products
Set Of Four Burnished Bronze Stemmed Wine Glasses
Classic Hostess
David Bromstad "Guilt"Artwork
Grandin Road
Belmont Decor 'Hampton' Sink Vanity
Overstock.com
Monaco Monogrammed Coco Door Mat - A, 30" x 48"
$99.50 | FRONTGATE
Design House Bathroom 61 in. W Cultured Marble Vanity Top with White on White
Home Depot
Hand-tufted Artisan Brown Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
Compamia Riva Werzalit Bar Height Patio Dining Table - ISP886-BR
$299.00 | Hayneedle
White Desk Lamps: 12.83 in. White USB LED Speaker Desk Lamp with Microphone LS30
$49.99 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™