Scilla siberica

whirl(6 Ohio)July 22, 2011

The number of Scilla siberica that I have keeps going down. They certainly don't multiply. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smivies

Where are they planted? It's hard not to succeed with them so it's likely a climate, siting, or culture issue at play.

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 3:29PM
whirl(6 Ohio)

They are planted where they get morning sun. They are fairly close to the house and get very little water during the summer. Thanks for your help.

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 12:05AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

They are planted where they get morning sun. They are fairly close to the house and get very little water during the summer.
I'm guessing that like me, almost all of your rain comes from the West. Since they are close to the house, as you say, I'm betting they are not getting near enough moisture throughout the whole year.
If you are intent on them multiplying, I'd suggest you moving them away out some from the side of the house, planting them in another location, or else watering them fairly regularly, at least during their growing season and as they head into summer dormancy.

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 5:02PM
whirl(6 Ohio)

Thank you, chemocurl. I will replant them farther from the house and make sure they get watered.

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 6:48PM
More Discussions
Plants with deficiencies
My plants always suffer from nitrogen deficiency and...
chris_p1
What happened?
How long do Tulips last? We had some come up and the...
steve46h
How to plant Crinums with leaves
Hey all, Just received some mail order crinums which...
jscaldwell
Will my (most likely) forced tulips ever flower again?
I bought some potted tulips in Feb. '14. I transplanted...
Amy Biondolillo
Hipeastrum papilio x H.Donau
After repeated and many unsuccessfull crossbreeding...
haweha
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™