Home Depot has bulbs!

goddessemer6(z9a NV)September 17, 2006

I just went to HD today and as I was looking around I saw a ton of new bulbs in of daffodiles, tulips, ranculous, freesias,hyacinths and crocus! All packages were $6.97 for (how ever many bulbs). I got one pack each of mixed Hyacinths(8), Mount Hood Daffodiles (15), Darwin Hybrid Tulips (40), and Queen of Night Tulip (18). So for $30 I got 81 bulbs, I can't wait to plant them all!!!

~Rose

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linnea56(z5 IL)

Great! Isn't it exciting when they come out? Only 81 bulbs to plant?! I'll bet you'll buy more!
Menard's and Lowe's have theirs out too. I found lots of unusual daffodils at Menard's; very good prices too. Some of these were sold out on websites, so I was happy to find them.

Bookmark   September 19, 2006 at 1:17PM
lilium_guy56

hmmmmmmm 81 bulbs? I don't need any more stuff. Wife says the garden is too big now. Well I don't have to mow very much grass that way. last time I bought bulbs I got 450. I think I can sneak a few past the wife. Seems the garden gets bigger all by itslef I tell her. I bet she knows for real. I prefer LOWES. And I didn't see any LILIES on your list. NO LILIES???? You should be ashamed.

Bookmark   September 19, 2006 at 7:24PM
goddessemer6(z9a NV)

I should be ashamed, your right it's a pitiful selection when I have 400 sq ft of grass to fill up! I better go check out Lowes booty today...LOL...darn enablers!

~Rose

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 10:31AM
linnea56(z5 IL)

Lowe's might not have their lilies out yet. A week or so ago they only had tulips, daffodils, etc. Last year I know it was later in the fall (October?) when the lilies turned up. I bought loads of named varieties and saved a bundle.

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 11:08AM
ego45(6bCT)

FRESH lily physically can't be in a stores right now, because they harvested in late September.
Add grading + packing + shipping time and you'll be in mid-late October at best.
Small domestic growers could ship individual orders earlier since their logistics are different than those of the large houses shipping from Holland, but I doubt if they supply big-box stores.
Whatever you see before end of October is from the last year crop and freshness could be [very] questionable.

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 11:50AM
goddessemer6(z9a NV)

No lillies at HD or Lowes...no biggie! Next month is my b-day hubby will be sure to be told what to buy...LOL...In the mean time I was sorting through the bulbs and I got 83 bulbs instead of 81, both the tulip bags had an extra bulb! Which is just as well since about 8 of the 40 bulbs in the mix bag of dawin hybrid tulips looked suspiciously unhealthy...I planted a bunch of mystery colored iris too, can't wait til next spring to see what blooms in what colors!!!

~Rose

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 2:29PM
mac_girl_81(10 - ENCINO, CA)

i paid $8.95 for 40 Bulbs!! at HD as well:) but i bought more than 200 bulbs though from hyacinth to tulips to daffodils

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 3:04PM
More Discussions
Phaedranassa dubia
Hi all, I bought this bulb couple of months ago. It...
radhavall
what's goin' on
grocery store tulips , and am i blue
daves10z7annv
Relocating daffodils
I have a number of daffodil clumps that are either...
madabouteu
Planting Dahlias, Daylilies & Peonies bulbs in Dallas now
Hi All, I live in Dallas, TX. Local Costco has a sale...
fruits_veggies
Where does everyone order bulbs from?
I was just wondering what websites everyone uses to...
rph1234
Sponsored Products
Eurofase Lazer 19" High Opal White Glass Pendant
Euro Style Lighting
Natural aero grey tablecloth
Origin Crafts
Newburgh Brushed Nickel Four Light 26-Inch Pendant with White Alabaster Glass
$399.90 | Bellacor
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Bari Ivory 4 ft.
Home Depot
Martha Stewart Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Martha Stewart Living Rugs Layered Faux
Home Depot
Sunglo Bronze Portable Patio Heater - A270BZ
Hayneedle
Safavieh Hand-woven Chic Grey Shag Rug (2'6 x 4')
Overstock.com
Joe Colombo Armchair by Kartell
$3,000.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™