Any experience with Boskke upside down planters?

PlantPropagandaMarch 2, 2013

http://www.boskke.com/products/skyplanter

Since these are technically "containers," I figured they could go here. These upside down planters from Boskke have gotten a lot of press, but is it just me or do they seem destined to fail? I can't find any outsider or objective reviews. All the pictures are clearly of newly installed pieces. They've done a good job of making sure the plant is secure, soil stays put and supplying adequate water, but what about the natural form and tropisms? Would something vining like pothos work better? They're on sale from Fab.com and I am considering getting a set to try out, maybe with a dracaena, but am wondering if the plant will just grow towards the light, either upwards or sideways, and become an unattractive "U" shape.

Any input is appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
egyronin(6B-7-BK,NY)

plants for sure will grow towards the light which is up..well is gonna miss up the main design of the plants?maybe..but is that a bad thing or rather quite interesting?
if i were you,i try to make one.maybe small one out any container i have on hand drill a hole in the bottom and put the plant upside down.you said you have pathos?get a cutting a stick it in your make shift container.there is lots of DIY vids on youtube explaining how to do so..look up topsy turvy.you have sparked an idea for me..oh well more project for me.

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 2:35AM
More Discussions
Any issues planting in copper pots?
I have some old copper containers I want to use for...
garden_dogs
Apartment composting and container gardening.
Any tips or tricks using apartment compost with your...
newgardenelf
Making my garden easy care
I need an easy are garden. Because of ill health ,...
Carry2
Need advice for container garden for elderly woman
I have a question on container gardening for an elderly...
sharonkdr
Help! My slash pine seedlings in containers are turning yellowish
I have several hundred slash pine seedlings I put in...
George Spector
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™