Can't find 3/8' hardware cloth

perennialfan273(zone 5)March 6, 2012

I cannot find this cloth anywhere. I've tried Home Depot, Menards, Ace, and Farm and Fleet. None of them have it. I'm in the Northern Illinois area. Only about 15 minutes away from the Wisconsin border. If anyone knows where I can get the cloth in this area, PLEASE let me know.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Me Neither.

    Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 4:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hope this helped.

    Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 12:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Just about any type, size and mesh screen is available at online hardware supplier McMaster-Carr,;
I use 5/16" with a .304" opening, part no. 9217T41, 36" wide @ $1.23 sq.ft. The next size up is 7/16", part no. 9245T32;

I've heard that Bee Keepers sometimes use 3/8" galv. hardware cloth, also, Pest Control to keep out varmits; You might ask them.

Good luck, Doug

    Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 1:26AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Making my garden easy care
I need an easy are garden. Because of ill health ,...
Potting into Air Pots, root length question
Hello all, My question is, air pots are supposed to...
stickstring (Northern California 8b)
What's eating/happening to my bougainvillea?!?!?!
The leaves are being scaled and then turing brown with...
Container garden help wanted, re: corn
I am wanting to try something new with my container...
PVC liner OK for growing food?
A contractor friend of mine made me a planter box to...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™