Mold on bulbs
I just unpacked my bulb order and found mold on some of the hyacinths and scilla. An enclosure from the bulb company said that there might be a some penicillium mold but it was harmless.
I intend to force the hyacinths in glasses (I've been doing this for years) and I know that sometimes a bulb will rot and not flower, but I don't remember if they showed mold. The scilla will be planted outdoors.
Should I treat the moldy bulbs in any way? I was wondering if a weak bleach solution would help. Should I just wash them? Do nothing? I'd appreciate your advice.