Growing cucumbers indoors: A few questions

dsi411March 1, 2014

I am growing Bush Champion cucumbers from seed indoors. It is under full spectrum grow lights. They are in a self watering container. It is pretty big and I don't think they are cramped. I have a few questions.

-There are two cucumber plants. Should I take one out? One is bigger and has more leaves but the other has more female flower buds(mini cucumbers). Will this allow better root development?

-How can I ensure I will get cucumbers? I've grown a cucumber plant before on the windowsill but it never produced. The female flowers just died off. I don't want this to happen again.

The picture shows the flowers on the smaller plant

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dsi411

This shows the size of the plants.

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:20PM
norwoodn

Well I've grown melons in hydroponics and I know they like to dive deep. But anyways they need lots of light so how much lumens, it might say on the lightbulb box, do you have?

About the two plants in one container, I'm not sure if they will be fighting over nutrients but in a hydro solution it doesn't really matter cause nutrient is everywhere.

About ensuring cucumbers, perhaps search for what important nutrients cucs need and how much, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 11:22PM
dsi411

norwoodn, I don't have the box, but here's a link to the light I used. It doesn't say how many lumens it is on the website though. Thanks for at least trying to help.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the light I'm using

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 11:36PM
More Discussions
Need help identifying a few plants from a photo
Can someone please identify the plants used in this...
Merci Ava Maria
Al and others..Foliage Pro fertilizer?
I just wanted to get an update on what you think of...
meyermike_1micha
Coarse Perlite for 5:1:1
Hi all, first off is "coarse" the correct...
halocline
Help! My slash pine seedlings in containers are turning yellowish
I have several hundred slash pine seedlings I put in...
Florida Native
Need advice for container garden for elderly woman
I have a question on container gardening for an elderly...
sharonkdr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™