Heirloom and specie Daffodils?

Mongoose20November 8, 2011

I'm searching for Heirloom Narcissus such as:

N.Psuedonarcissus (lent lily)

N. moschatus

N. Hispanicus

N. Minor

and I can't seem to find them anywhere! Does anyone have any idea as to where I can acquire these beauties?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Hi Mongoose20,

Welcome to Garden Web and The Bulb Forum.

Judging by what you are looking for, I'm guessing you are not the average daffodil grower or even collector.

Have you checked with the Specialty Growers that are listed on the ADS (American Daffodil) Site? I'm thinking it lists one grower who has an on line catalog (list) of some thing you might be looking for.

Are you by any chance a member of ADS? If not, I suggest you join, as I consider it a 'must' for daffoholics.

Do you by any chance belong to Daffnet? It is a worldwide daffodil forum, The membership ranges from hobby growers like me, to a lot of the big time hybridizers. If you would like, I can ask there, if you aren't a member.

Have you checked out the site linked below? It's possible that she could help you find a source for things she might not have.

Good luck!

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Nancy R. Wilson SPECIES & MINIATURE NARCISSUS

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 9:27AM
Ispahan Zone6a Chicago

A lot of these were offered by Old House Gardens this year. All of their stock is currently 25% off if they have any left. They list under common names, so you will need to read through the listings (N. pseudonarcissus=lent lily). I ordered quite a few bulbs from them this year and they were nice and healthy.

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 1:30PM
donnabaskets(Zone 8a, Central MS)

I'll add my two cents worth for Old House Gardens. I have all the bulbs you have listed, and got them all from Old House. Their prices are higher than most, but the bulbs are premium sized. I have ordered from them for years and their quality and service has never failed.

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 8:00AM
Mongoose20

Thanks for the responses, I've found some narcissus obvallaris at Brent and Becky's bulbs.
Is this a reputable source or should I go elsewhere?
thanks!

p.s I'd love to join ADS and Daffseek since I'm a Daffodil freak BUT I haven't the extra cash to join at this time.

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 11:50PM
donnabaskets(Zone 8a, Central MS)

Brent and Beckys is very reliable. I have ordered from them for years with very good service. I am watching for the UPS man to arrive anyday now with my order (200 plus) from them.... Apparently I always plant my bulbs too early....

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
spreaders
pushkinia, scillas, aka chionodoxa, muscari. what nice...
daves10z7annv
Snowdrops in the green...
Does anyone know of a source for purchasing snowdrops...
scott_madison
Easter lily
An Easter lily that had finished flowering had been...
yugoslava
what's goin' on
grocery store tulips , and am i blue
daves10z7annv
(Cheap) Alternatives to Peat Moss
I need to store some bulbs over the winter and wonder...
dlangend1120
Sponsored Products
Ekaterina Stainless Steel Two-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Wall Sconce, 11.2
Bellacor
Lightfoot Polished Nickel and Teal Leather 2-Light Sconce
Lamps Plus
New 2' 6' x 7' 11" Veg Dyed Rug, Oushak Ivory Wool Runner Hand Knotted H3200
BH Sun Inc
Hudson Valley Heirloom Restoration-Vintage Mini Pendant
1800Lighting
SFERRA Classico Tablecloth
$255.00 | FRONTGATE
Montana Woodworks Homestead Pub Table Lacquered
Beyond Stores
People viewed this after searching for: