Daffodil Tazetta - Canary Bird

coralred(Tropical)November 14, 2009

I just got this from Bloomingbulbs and I live in SE Asia where the average temperature is around 30 degree celsius. I have read that Daffodil Tazetta does not need chilling to bloom but what I need to know is will it bloom again after the flowers have faded.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I believe "some", Tazetta Division daffodils do better in warmer climates than others, and don't require a chilling period. It is even hard for me to say for sure if your Canary Birds will bloom in your average 30 degree celsius (86 degree F) temperatures. No daffodil will bloom twice in one year. If you want to be assured of your daffs blooming a second year, I would suggest you digging them after the foliage has pretty well faded and yellowed, store them someplace cool and dry, and then replant them in your fall season. You might try leaving just a few of them to see if they will return and bloom the next year without being dug.

Do you know your coldest average minimum temperature during your coldest months?

Sue

Bookmark   November 14, 2009 at 11:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coralred(Tropical)

Our coldest months (25 degree celsius) are from Nov - Jan which is the rainy season (NE monsoon) so they are kind of raining every few days.

Bookmark   November 14, 2009 at 7:59PM
More Discussions
Gloriosa lily in zone 7b
Does anyone have experience growing gloriosa lily (gloriosa...
southerngardening24
Help! Ranunculus drooping.
I live in Zone 9-9b and planted some ranunculus plants...
Avantika
what to do now, amaryllis?
My amaryllis had 5 large blooms, than sent up another stock...
penroy
Transfer water vase hyacinth bulbs
Hello, I have two hyacinths that were forced in water...
veganinpurrsss
Anyone growing Dutch Iris ?
Is anyone growing or has anyone grown Dutch Iris ? What...
maximus2015
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™