Buying Daffodils in bulk

oldrelicsse(z7 AL)November 17, 2005

Where can I buy multi-colored daffodils in bulk?? I have a large property, and would like to buy 1 or 2 thousand bulbs to plant at random along my driveway.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowerluvr(Z5 IN)

I've always been happy with VanEngelens for large quantities of bulbs.

Here is a link that might be useful: VanEngelen Bulbs

Bookmark   November 18, 2005 at 8:01AM
cynthianovak

Van Engelan's is almost out of everything. Here is a link that was posted previously by patwood. I haven't tried this company, but they are a wholesaler and it look like they still have a lot in stock at good prices. Page down and you'll see quantities of 250 daffs (Salome and Juanita are the varieties I noticed) that appear to be selling for $47.

Let us know what you decide....and how they turn out

Here is a link that might be useful: netherlandbulb

Bookmark   November 18, 2005 at 11:20AM
covella

It may be too late but if you can find a Costco near you they had 100 count bags of King Alfreds for $15 and 50 to 100 count bags of mixed daffs and other spring bulbs - depending on variety for $8.89. A few weeks ago our store had them all on sale at 50% off. I got 50 count bags of paperwhites, and the dwarf daffs Tete a Tete and Baby Moon, and some large mixed daffs for $4.24 each

Bookmark   November 21, 2005 at 12:19AM
oldrelicsse(z7 AL)

Thanks everybody.

My driveway is 3/8 of a mile long. I'm not a rich guy, but I am blessed with a nice property. The landscape is mostly scattered woodland. I've dug and transplanted some several thousand, plain yellow daffodils, from old house places, and planted six rows on each side of my driveway. Now, I'm in the process of planting several thousand daffodils, other than plain yellows, throughout my yard and throughout the woods along my driveway. We've nicknamed the driveway as the "yellow brick road". It's already pretty special, and drawing attention from the local folks. But, I really want it over the top. I want the blooms to look like it snowed flowers across my property.

Thanks again for all the help.

Bookmark   December 6, 2005 at 11:21PM
donnabaskets(Zone 8a, Central MS)

You don't say where you live in Alabama, but if you happen to be close to Meridian, MS (right on the AL state line), we have a VanZyverden's here and they have a huge bulb sale the second Monday every November. It's always a good selection and the prices are unbeatable.

Bookmark   September 10, 2008 at 9:29PM
More Discussions
40% bulb sale on Van Engelen
in case anyone is interested.
KarenPA_6b
Experience with Ordering from Brecks or Royal Dutch Catalogs??
Has anyone ordered spring flowering bulbs from either...
bobk_stl
Can you identify my amaryllis?
I bought one in a box---you know the ones that come...
newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
Poll: share what is blooming for you!
My brother in Zone 8 has daffodils blooming! What...
posierosie_zone7a__
Storing Oxalis rhizomes
I've just repotted an old oxalis triangularis that's...
garystpaul
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™