PSA: Label your Seeds

Edymnion(7a)February 6, 2013

Would just like to take a moment to make a public safety announcement. Make sure you label your seeds while pre-soaking them, and to mark the containers you put them in.

Did you know that cauliflower, spinach, and deadly nightshade seeds are all virtually identical to each other?

I'm glad I kept all of mine separated out in to labeled cups and made a map to my starter cel locations for each of them!

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle! YO JOE!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
IAmSupernova(SE Texas 9A)

I learned my lesson about labeling. The first seed tray I started, had about 20 different types of seed in it. I had them all mapped out square by square on paper. I cut the trays up into 6 cell segments and rearranged them all after a couple of weeks (arranging the plants from highest to lowest) without physically marking all the segments. I didn't really realize my mistake until after the damage was done. They were my first real seedlings too, I had no idea what any of them were.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 12:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wertach zone 7-B SC

I have a problem about the label thingy too. I shelled out my dried blue lake bush and pole beans. I just set the bowls on the table to dry some more, knowing left was pole and right was bush or vice versa, I can't remember now, it was months ago.

My sweet wife came home and moved them while cleaning. So now I don't know which ones are poles and which ones are bush!

It wouldn't be a big deal if I hadn't already set up my trellis for this spring.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 3:39PM
More Discussions
Looking for Actaea 'Black Negligee' seeds
Anybody has Avtaea 'Black Negliee' seeds for postage...
jennyleerskov
What to direct seed in eastern pa
Hi everyone. I'm begining to plan my garden for spring,...
mfran12345
Ketchup 'N' Fries plants go on sale
grafted tomato and potato plant goes on sale. link...
gridgardener
Hydrophobic soil and corn watering
Hello folks, For the past 2 seasons, I've been having...
rkslander
ridding tomato cages of septoria leaf spot
It is my understanding that septoria lasts on tomato...
elisa_z5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™