Colonial Home (lots of potential!)

allensd23March 3, 2007

Need help/suggestions as to how I should landscape around my home. I own a 1930's brick/slate colonial with a lot of potential.

href>.

Since I moved in during the spring of '05 I have removed many over grown shrubs, miles of english ivy (which had grown up the sides of the home and into the windows)and removed 16 (large over 30" in diameter) trees and brought in 19 tandem loads of fill dirt and top soil. Now I am ready to landscape the front of my home. I have put in 4 English boxwoods and several rhododedrons. The boxwoods are between 28 and 34" though you can't tell as my windows are almost 5' from the ground. These purchases were simply to have "something" in front of my house until I could dedicate the time and money to landscape. That time is now and I would very much like to hear your opinions, suggestions, etc. Pictures speak volumes, so if have some that might inspire please share.

Note: I favor traditional southern plantings and I will do all the work myself - no job is too big.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brent_In_NoVA(z7/6 VA)

Scott: If you have not realized yet the traffic in the Gallery section of this forum is very light. My suggestion would be to repost this question in the Discussion side, or at least put a post over there that reference this post.

- Brent

Bookmark   March 15, 2007 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
Please need help 100% blank slate both front and back
Hi guys glad I found this forum been reading alot of...
lexysdad04
Bed lines don't matter if....
They're covered in snow! It will be interesting to...
Bama_Joe
Need privacy in backyard on three sides (zone 6)
I really like my neighbors but I live in the suburbs...
stlmom77
Shrubs need to get pulled out U-G-L-Y
Hi Forum Members: I recently bought my house and the...
dmo12240
Help with paint colors and landscaping please!
Please help me create a home from this tiny house!...
H
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™