Whats causes the tip of leaves to turn white

filixApril 4, 2010

I have a potted night jasmine in the gritty mix. Some of the tips of the leaves are turning white. A few are falling off. Also some of the leaves not as green. They are looking a little pale. Dose it need chelated Iron? Thanks. filix.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

I usually associate white leaf tips with high salinity levels. How about some more info, Filix?

Occurring in oldest or youngest leaves? Type of soil? Are you flushing the soil when you water? Fertilizing? with what? how often? what strength? Is your water 'softened'? How long since last repot?

Al

Bookmark   April 4, 2010 at 9:23AM
filix

Just 4 or 5 leaves have white tips. Some are turning part white, almost siver looking. this can be seen on any leaf. Old, middle, or a couple of days old. but right next to them the leaves look great. I use F.P.1/2 strenth with rain water all winter long. I got this in december. I did a repot a day later. I went from a small plastic pot, to a 3 gallon clay pot in the gritty mix. One thing I thought of is.. this plant was in a window indoors until 2 weeks ago. Now its outside in my hoophouse. It is growing gang busters even though it has this issue. Thanks. filix.

Bookmark   April 5, 2010 at 8:10PM
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

..... possibly photo-oxidation (sunburn)?

Al

Bookmark   April 5, 2010 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
meyer lemon tree leaves yellowing
I have a meyer lemon tree and I brought it in for the...
mlmib
zone 9 or so best roses for containers
what are your best roses for container gardening
zippity1
Question for Al (tapla) re bark in gritty mix
I live in Australia and just starting to experiment...
alan.oz
Apartment composting and container gardening.
Any tips or tricks using apartment compost with your...
newgardenelf
Help with 5:1:1
Some lol-basic questions about quantities needed for...
containergardenerbeginner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™