What type of planter is this?

willmania(6)April 17, 2012

I have a clay/terra cotta round planter that is about 18" across, 10" deep that says Hecho en Mexico Marcos pottery on the bottom & has a raised center that looks like an upside-down cone that takes up about 25% of the planter. Due to this raised area I assume it is a planter made for a specific type of plant. Does anyone know which plant or what would grow nicely in such a planter?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The 'Hencho en Mexico' is just 'made in mexico'... probably by Marco's pottery.

As for the raised center, my guess is that it's just so you don't have to put so much soil in it. Many people fill the bottom of theirs with rock, maybe this is a way to get around that?

Can you post a picture?

    Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 10:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here's link to photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: planter photo

    Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 10:58AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I don't think that is a planter. I think it is for storing garden hose.

    Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 11:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Ha! You're right about the garden hose - Thank you!

    Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 3:25PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Dealing with Water-Retentive Soils
Dealing with Water-Retentive Soilscolor>size> A...
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
Type of kale... Also, shiny metallic flakes?
Hey, my friend gave me some kale seeds from her plants...
Josie Murray
Need advice for container garden for elderly woman
I have a question on container gardening for an elderly...
Help! My slash pine seedlings in containers are turning yellowish
I have several hundred slash pine seedlings I put in...
Florida Native
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™