Back on GW, looking for past traders

hibrick(Z8 HoustonTX)January 12, 2006

I'm back to doing limited GW trading again, after a tough year in 2005 forced me to stop for awhile.

Personal & family illness, and then Katrina & Rita last summer, all made life (and our work) just a little bit too-interesting. A neighbor's tree falling across our yard & greenhouse during Rita didn't help at all.

I believe that I've taken care of all but two trades from last year, and those are Northeners who are on my list to ship-to when Spring comes around up there.

Anyway, as I corresponded with dozens of people last year, it is possible that someone may have been missed. In the event that there is ANYONE whom I have not contacted, and still owe plants to.. then please send me a private email and I'll be sure to take care of that ASAP.

I ALWAYS make good on my promises, but sometimes "Stuff Happens". It has taken us quite awhile to get back to having any kind of "semi-normal" routine.

One GW lesson that I've learned is to trade slowly, with never more than one or two trades in-progress at a time. Otherwise, it is far too easy to lose track of correspondence, as well as both incoming and outgoing parcels. And when the "sky starts falling", it is difficult to cope with a large number of orders.

There are also at least three trades that I never received, but I certainly understand that others also have "unavoidable circumstances" in their lives. I just hope that those traders are personally healthy & OK. Several million people were forced to temporarily relocate throughout the South last year, and over a million moved permanently. I'm just surpised that there was not a whole lot more disruption of GW trades & correspondence.

Thanks to all, for the trades & many new friends, last Winter & Spring.

HibRick

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
butterflychaser(z7)

Hope you found them.

Bookmark   February 1, 2006 at 10:39AM
nyvoices99

Hi Rick,
I did not forget you even though you told me I owed you nothing...YES I DID, you sent me so many shamrocks it was not even funny, I will make sure you & your wife have more of my Daylilies. I am so glad to see you back on what we have left of GW... Talk to you soon.. :)Anita

Bookmark   February 8, 2006 at 2:35AM
redhotflowermama

Good to see some famliar faces here. Seems like everyone is gone lurking or just plain old hiding.

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 11:05PM
kids2spoyl(S.E.Tx_8)

W/B Rick. We traded last year but I can't remember what. I could do so searching thru my old records if ya want. I've just recently got back on GW myself...about 10 days or so now. *Sigh of contentment*...finally home again. :)

Bookmark   April 14, 2006 at 9:22PM
More Discussions
Trade: Named Lily Bulbs for Named Iris
I would be looking to trade my named Lily bulbs for...
lynnthegardener
HAVE: Wedding Ring Hydrangea
I have rooted cuttings of Wedding RIng Hydrangea for...
KarenPA_6b
HAVE: Alocasia borneo giant
I am hoping to trade for edibles, tropical fruit or...
keiki
HAVE: brugs & iochromas
have 12 iochromas colors & lots of brugs. will...
big1968
Sponsored Products
Tropica Vanity Mirror
Signature Hardware
Leaf Bronze Mini Pendant with Bubble Glass
$118.80 | Bellacor
Artcraft Lighting Premiere Black Three-Light Outdoor Hanging Light
$378.00 | LuxeDecor
American Heritage Armada Bar Height Stool
Beyond Stores
Woodgrain Violet Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. Rug
$125.95 | Bellacor