Wanted: suggestions of 'too good to miss' garden centers.

beth_b_kodiak(zone 5a)February 25, 2006

It is looking like I'll be making one last trip cross country this spring/summer. The route is unplanned at this time and may go across the northern states from MT to MD. That is what I usually do. OR, I might go south along the rockies and then head east from NM. The deciding factor will probably be if I leave here in late May or later in early July.

I'm interested in getting small potted plants as I go. Mostly house plants but I often can't resist out door plants either. If you have a very favorite garden center or nursery, someplace that is worth a "couple hours out of the way" please let me know the name and location.

I'll enjoy checking on the maps and seeing if I can fit them into one route or the other. Thanks for sharing. BB

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodthrush(z4PA)

Hi Beth
I don't know where in MD you'll be, but this place is in the Lancaster area of PA. Go to the Lititz location, it's the biggest.
http://esbenshades.com/
Pam

Bookmark   February 25, 2006 at 3:43PM
beth_b_kodiak(zone 5a)

Wow, Pam their website certainly looks good. I'm thinking that I'll combine a visit there with a fall pilgrimage to Fairweather Gardens in NJ. I have brother in NJ and one in Bucks county PA so I could go for a weekend and visit too.
Thanks so much for the tip and the web link.

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 4:08PM
woodthrush(z4PA)

Where is Fairweather Gardens in NJ? I'm only a hour from the Deleware River border. If we go to Lancaster in the next few weeks, I'll get a better location on a Amish family owned greenhouse there too. It's on a farm on the back roads, but another great stop.
Pam

Bookmark   February 27, 2006 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Rudbeckia maxima, Asclepias
Would like to set up a spring trade for Rudbeckia maxima,...
lovesblooms
Trade
I am looking for jasmine cuttings, rooted rose cuttings...
guinnevtra
WANTED. elephant ear
would love elephant ear tubers of any kind. I have...
mamcc2
French Tarragon - Edmonds
Anyone want some French Tarragon? I have a 4ft by...
plantmgr24
HAVE: Succulents
I have haworthia limifolia, blue agave (tequilana )...
jolene_2010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™