ubid.com plants?????

thurston(midTN)March 12, 2009

This site just came up in a search - ubid.com when I was looking for some particular shrubs. Shipping isn't outrageous if they're not just sending little sticks.

Anyone have any dealings with them?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thurston(midTN)

OK, I've been looking for pink and white wisteria for several years and several trades set up here never happened. So in a websearch I found both colors available at ubid.com. It's an auction and the bids start at $1. You have to watch the shipping costs. I ended up buying five of each color for $1 each and total per color was $19.31. They arrived a week and a half later, bare root wrapped in plastic wrap and in a plain plastic bag - but arrived safely, all green and showing signs of life. I heeled them in because I'm not ready to plant them yet and I believe all ten starts are alive and most have leaves (they range from about 6 inches to about 12 inches).

I bought one potted white wisteria several years ago from Home Depot for $20 or $25, and after three years it bloomed and was the common purple one. So if these end up being really white and pink, I got a bargain.

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 10:09AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

That's great to hear. I've been watching for a reply here, and now 'might' sometime in the future consider them as a source for some things.

I hope they bloom as expected for you.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Search yield for 'plants' at ubid.com

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 1:19PM
thurston(midTN)

Just be careful of the shipping costs. If they sell something as a two-pack, they charge you shipping on EACH of them, even though both items come together.

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 2:22PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Thanks for the warning. Shipping and handling charges are always a big consideration whenever I order anything off the net.

Sue

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 5:16PM
More Discussions
WANTED: omphalodes cappadocia 'Starry Eyes"
Would love to have this in small plant form/piece of...
Patty57
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check a member's profile page, you will see...
Tamara
Want BRUGS cuttings in April or May........
Any one have Brugs cuttings to share in April or may?...
racetowin
WANTED: Blueberry plants, Cuttings or Offsets
I am looking for named blueberry plants or offsets...
cactuspaul Tulsa zone7
HAVE: Raspberry & Blackberry bareroot to a good home
I need to clear an area that is covered with healthy...
tomato345
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™