Wanted suggestions of small plants for a gnome and fairy garden

ladyblues1965March 26, 2006

I plan to make a gnome and fairy garden . I need suggestions for plants that are miniture ,small in nature ect ,would probably be in the shade to part shade varieties. Got any ideas?

Thanks

Kelley

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodthrush(z4PA)

Different types of mosses, miniature hostas, creeping sedums and the smaller varieties of hens and chicks.

Bookmark   March 26, 2006 at 5:46PM
ocgf(Z8)

Creeping Jenny, Grape hyacinth, Crocus, snowdrops, cyclamen, rain lily, heucheras, miniature daffodils (tete a tete), verbena, vinca, Ivy, pulsatilla, garlic chives (white and pink), strawberry and ornamental strawberry.

Omar

Bookmark   April 3, 2006 at 12:50AM
bekados(z9a--NW FL)

Elfin thyme for sure! Also, I am sending a link to a nursery that specializes in fairy gardens. They will tell you just what plants to use!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mulberry Creek's faery gardens...

Bookmark   April 5, 2006 at 11:17AM
freyna_lei

wild violets, pushkinia, wood hyacinths, trout lilies, foamflower, english daisies, smaller lamiums, all will do well in deep or dappled shade...also, i have some native ground covers that would do nicely but i don't know the names of them....

Bookmark   June 26, 2007 at 11:55AM
suzinnia(z4mn)

checkered lilies, epimedium, mitrewort, merrybells, jack in the pulpet, alliums, jacobs ladder, iris crestida, maidenhair fern, thalictrums, astrantia, bleeding hearts, trillium, digitalis grandiflora, anemones, anemonella, primulas, dropwort, solomons seal, celadine poppy.....can you tell these are some of my favorite things? lol....sweet woodruff, fairy wand, sweet cicely, royal fern, pink lily of the valley.....astilbe, shooting stars, japanese painted fern, geranium maculatum, dutchman's breeches, crocus, mayapple, ginger, bloodroot, dwarf balloonflower, toad lilies, corydalis, sensitive fern, pulmonaria (some of these things might get larger than what you want, but I kind of like the "secret little places" that are created underneath them too. I like to hide pieces of tiny china around, just in case they want to stop by for a spot of tea.

Bookmark   July 4, 2007 at 5:47PM
rosemctier(z5/6 waynesburg PA)

i think violets, dutchman's britches, squirrel nut corn, maybe mini sedums, spring beauty and bluets

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 4:50PM
booboobolhuis(7, Oklahoma)

Gazania-annuals

Bookmark   August 5, 2010 at 6:05AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Blueberry plants, Cuttings or Offsets
I am looking for named blueberry plants or offsets...
cactuspaul Tulsa zone7
WANTED: Kudzu Wanted
Looking for kudzu cuttings in exchange for the following: catnip...
AndreaFarmer
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap Portland, OR area)
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
Trade
I am looking for jasmine cuttings, rooted rose cuttings...
guinnevtra
Have: sarracenia rhizomez
I have sarracenia and venus flytraps for trade. Looking...
ericmd01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™