Does Anyone Trade Plants for Other Things?

happyseed(7)March 1, 2008

Hi Everyone, Does anyone trade plants for anything other than plants. I found one site but there doesn't seem to be anything going on. I read one ladies postings that stated she would like to trade for postcards of various places for plants but then lost the internet due to power failure. Lucky, I have also worked out a trade for plant stakes. Personally I don't have many plants right now and would love to do this. I apologize if I have posted to the wrong place but you don't learn if you don't ask. I would appreciate hearing from some of you. Thanks, Sonja (Happyseed)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marcia1(4/5 WI)

HI, I always am on the look-out for neat rocks (crystal, geodes, serpentine etc-and those flat rate boxes are So nice. I will be having daylilies to trade, also bits/pieces of other hardy perennials.
The trading wouldn't happen for a couple of months-we still have a few weeks of winter.
Heading to record of 90 inches of snow..yee ha

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 3:50PM
gailwill(Zone 6 TN)

what things do you have to trade? I have a greenhouse full of herbs, perennials and annuals. I also have a few tropicals. I'll trade for growing/gardening things or books. I am looking for herbal crafts books. Let me know what you are looking for.
Gail

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 8:25PM
love2gardennc

There is an exchange page for such trades. I will trade my plants for potting soil and Miracle Grow fertilizer which I always need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Exchange

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 9:54AM
wishnforspring(z5 Upstate NY)

Hi,
I have traded for a lot of different things for my plants.
Plant markers,books,pots,tags.. I am looking for named daylilies all the time so if you would like to trade for amything I have maybe we can trade -my list needs updating and we have snow here too in NY-again!

Bookmark   March 29, 2008 at 8:17PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Personally I don't have many plants right now and would love to do this.
Happyseed,
I'm guessing that if you walked around your property a bit, that you would likely discover things to trade, even if it was just cuttings for other cuttings, or other things. If you are unsure of what you might have, you can post at the Name That Plant Forum. Those folks are good over there at naming things often from just a good description, though pics really do help, if you can provide them. They are a friendly bunch and have been helping me a great bit here lately.

Sue

Bookmark   April 11, 2008 at 11:52AM
kids2spoyl(S.E.Tx_8)

I also will be willing to trade plants for other things, and they don't always have to be garden related. I've traded for fabric, aquarium supplies, candles, chimes, whatever. Mostly depends on what is being offered and what they want.

Gina

Bookmark   April 12, 2008 at 2:44PM
nixon(z5ny)

I'm game, i have gem stones, and novels, and bad dogs(just kidding about the dog-i think), interested in hardy zone 5, no day lillies or iris.
cath

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 6:52AM
More Discussions
have: voodoo lilies (Amorphophallus and Typhonium)
I've got the following available for trade: Typhonium/Sauromatum...
weirdflowers
WANTED: Honeysuckle vines
Have gold flame, Major Wheeler, and John Clayton. Seeds...
frankielynnsie
Have: Salvia Divinorum
Have 9 salvia divinorum plants to trade. Looking for...
benjoe
WANTED colocasia pinapple princess
Lost this one a few years ago and it seems to have...
miketropic
Lily bulbs to trade
Have lily bulbs, blooming size, ready to plant. Asiatic Black...
woodthrush
Sponsored Products
Forever Green Art Senshi Bonsai In Preserved Bonsai
Beyond Stores
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Bohemian Beige/Multi 6 ft. x 9
Home Depot
Marin Vase in Tangerine
$19.99 | Dot & Bo
Campania International The Garden Anywhere Planter Bench - Natural Fiber Cement
$649.99 | Hayneedle
Wooden Base Handmade Flower Floor Lamp With Rectangular Shade
ParrotUncle