about people that are trolling our forums.....

tina_2April 2, 2010

Hi - I just received a random email- from someone that said she found me on Garden Web. I, do not know the person

or how she found me. She asked, if I wanted to buy her plants. I told her, NO I do not buy plants and that Garden Web strictly forbids this. I asked , her not to contact me ever again. I was just wondering, if this has happened to anyone else? And,what would anyone else do in this

situation? I like to meet, fellow gardeners and trade plants, talk gardening and such. Listen to others experiences and share stories on our Forums. I just do not care for someone , out of the blue pulling a stunt like she did....

What do you think of someone like this? I can just imagine she is trolling our Forums looking for another member to bother. Thanks for letting me vent. I am, really mad.

Thanks - tina_2

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodthrush(z4PA)

Usually it's someone asking for free plants. Never ran across someone trying to sell them, but I imagine it 's only a matter of time. Just treat it as ordinary spam and delete it. I wouldn't start a conversation with her.
Pam

Bookmark   April 2, 2010 at 9:12PM
tina_2

Hi - Thanks Pam , You are probably right.
I just needed to get that off my chest. tina

Bookmark   April 2, 2010 at 9:31PM
debbiep_gw

I to received a e-mail from someone selling plants and they had something that was on my wants list.I read it and deleted it.It didn't really bother me as I get random e-mails from people all the time wanting plants.

Bookmark   April 2, 2010 at 9:39PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Over the years I have gotten similar emails or from folks who are not members wanting to trade. No thanks! If not a GW member then I don't care to trade.

Sue

Bookmark   April 3, 2010 at 11:51PM
woodthrush(z4PA)

Do you ask if they are members? I get emails too that don't look like they came through GW's system.
Pam

Bookmark   April 4, 2010 at 1:34PM
karyn1(7a)

I get emails asking for plants and seeds quite often from people that aren't registered here but say they found me on GW. I just ignore them. I also get occasional emails from people trying to sell me farm/garden supplies which I just report as spam.

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 10:40AM
bigred(z8 Ark.)

I don't think I've ever had someone emailing me to sell plants but I have had emails wanting to buy my plants. I just explained I didn't do mailorder.

I have another pet peeve...getting request on one of my post that is 4-weeks or older ...most specially if there was a large number of request when the post was first made.

Getting cranky in my old age I guess.*G*

P

Bookmark   July 20, 2010 at 8:05AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Have dahlia clumps will trade for other dahlia tubers
Have dahlia clumps will trade for other dahlia tubers I...
cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
Have: sarracenia rhizomez
I have sarracenia and venus flytraps for trade. Looking...
ericmd01
Wanted: Iris
I am addicted to Iris and will gladly pay postage for...
lynnthegardener
want alpine strawberry white or yellow seeds
want alpine strawberry seeds yellow or white plz have...
mychineseauntie11
Have: Salvia Divinorum
Have 9 salvia divinorum plants to trade. Looking for...
benjoe
Sponsored Products
Pinta Satin Nickel One-Light Incandescent 120v Mini Pendant with Dome Canopy, Ca
$337.50 | Bellacor
Surya Taz TAZ-1010 Area Rug - Charcoal gray Multicolor - TAZ1010-1616
$57.60 | Hayneedle
Mango Niko Swing Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Cambridge Navy Blue/Ivory 5 ft.
Home Depot
Chrome Three-Light Bath Light with Etched White Glass
$95.90 | Bellacor
Justice Design Group GLA-8516 - Rondo 6 Light Bath Bar - Cylinder with Rippled R
$638.00 | Hayneedle
St. Martin Chaise Lounger
Cost Plus World Market
Korver Loveseat - Key Largo Grass Green
Joybird Furniture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™