How much do you spend on your garden per year?

busdriver12(7)May 6, 2008

Well lets see I spend $60 on a wooden wagon, $7 on 7 packs of perennial seeds at Dollar Tree, and yesterday I spend $27 at a greenhouse, $65 for mulch, $10 on 2 bags of potting soil, That's all I remember so far.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rbrady(5/Eastern Ia)

I am afraid to even think about it! OK, so far this week it's been a Hosta (Guacamole) for 9.99, 2 bags of Miracle grow potting soil for about 13.00, a pot of Purple Fountain Grass for 3.99, 2 miniature roses for 3.99 each, a little Japanese Maple for 15.00, a new Heuchera for 5.99, a Water Lily for my pond at 6.99, a few more fish and fish food about 12.00, and a bag of bloodmeal for 5.99.

I need to stay away from the garden centers!

Rhonda

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 10:24PM
chrizty

nice wagon!!

i never thought i spent much till now, guess the lil things add up lol, i usualy only spent 40-50 on mail orders, i bought the mouse plant n b-looking glass from michiganbulb. im so hopin i get the mouse plant instead of another "sorry out of stock" i got last year,
about 16 or so on seeds, dont know how much on soil. about 30 on tradeing for shipping, n i havent gotten mulch or went to the hot house yet!!! lol

Bookmark   May 8, 2008 at 7:51AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Yes...Nice Wagon!

I've never really kept track of it, but do think it might be interesting to see just how much (or how little) I spend on my healthy obsession I call hobby gardening.

This season (so far), it has been one small plant coop (cost-can't remember)
4 bales potting mix-$28 total
30 tomato plants-$5
Pepper plants-$4
2 shrubs...a variegated boxwood, and a new lilac (to add to my collection)...about $12 total

unknown amount on postage seeds trades
unknown amount on postage on plant trades...but so worth it for for what I receive in exchange. Yesterday I spent $12 on plant trade postage. I should figure up just what all I receive in return for that small investment. When trading, the digging, labeling, and packing of the boxes is the biggie...moreso than the actual cost, as it involves so much time to do it with great care and attention to packing them the best possible way.

Sue

Bookmark   May 8, 2008 at 10:39AM
More Discussions
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap Portland, OR area)
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
HAVE: Monstera deliciosa albo variegata
I have rooted cuttings of Monstera deliciosa albo variegata....
antbeez6
Have: grape hyacinth bulbs
I got these from mail order as a free gift. I allready...
tamela_star
WANTED: Blueberry plants, Cuttings or Offsets
I am looking for named blueberry plants or offsets...
cactuspaul Tulsa zone7
Wanted: Pomegranate scions/cuttings
Any type. Had to give up my plants (had Russian varieties)...
Andrea W
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™