other than day lillies as a boarder

meadowgarden(zone 6 NY Longisland)June 9, 2008

Can someone give me other suggestions other than day lillies as a boarder? day lillies are great.. they get so big so fast.. But I want other stuff too.. something that will get big as fast as day lillies...

Thanks in advance!

Meadow

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plant-one-on-me(MI 5b)

I am not sure if you have a sunny, shaded or partial shaded area...I am assuming sunny since you have daylilies. I had good luck with blackeyed susans rudbeckia (sp?), daisies and coneflowers. Bee balm also goes balistic LOL.

Right now I have mostly shade and partial shade and love my hostas, bleeding hearts and large sedums. Oh another quick border plant is snow on the mountain, but it depends on if you want this to be the only plant. It lookes pretty but is extremely invasive! Oh yeah, ribbon grass/zebra grass...pretty much same as SOTM.

If you happen to post looking for something that grows to quickly fill in areas make sure you look to see how invasive it truly is before planting. I once planted a single small tuber of jerasulem artichoke aka sunchoke and have been fighting them off ever since...they looked cool at first but were so invasive where I planted them I considered Round-Up for the entire very large bed to try to kill them off.

Bookmark   June 16, 2008 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
Wanted grape cuttings, fruit scions Have raspberries, blackberries,etc
I am looking for seedless table grape cuttings that...
bemonkey Zone 7 South New Jersey
HAVE: Monstera deliciosa albo variegata
I have rooted cuttings of Monstera deliciosa albo variegata....
antbeez6
Wanted: Woodland fern cuttings
Looking for woodland fern, lady in red, any ferns that...
dawnkelsch13
HAVE: Scion Wood
I plan to prune in February or late January and will...
charlieboring
Want BRUGS cuttings in April or May........
Any one have Brugs cuttings to share in April or may?...
racetowin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™