Searching 'This Forum' doesn't work for me

phrecklesSeptember 9, 2006

When I search for a specific plant name in the exchange forum, I always get "no matches". I'm talking about the Search field located under the list of postings (and not the one at the very bottom of the page. I select the button labeled "This Forum", as opposed to "Entire Site". I never come up with search results.

I have entered some search strings of plant names I know people were currently trading in the forum - obvious ones like 'dahlia', 'daylily', 'iris'. I always end up with nothing.

Does anyone have success at performing searches? Am I doing something wrong? I design web-based software for a living, so I like to think of myself as pretty tech savvy. This is a bit disheartening because it would be so easy if I could find a plant that I'm looking for by searching for it.

Have a great day,

myles

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrbrownthumb(z5 Chicago)

You're not doing anything wrong. The search function hasn't worked in the seed or plant exchange since I joined here. If you go to the suggestions forum (near the bottom of the main list) you can make a post asking them to finally fix it. I'll even ditto you and maybe anyone else who thinks it's about time it works.

Bookmark   September 10, 2006 at 1:24PM
clarkranch

Actually, if you go to member pages and choose search member exchange lists, then it works perfectly.

Here is a link that might be useful: search member trade lists

Bookmark   September 10, 2006 at 10:03PM
phreckles

Thank you for that link. That feature does work for me too, but I still can't search thru current postings on the Exchange forums. That's what I'm primarily interested in searching.

Thanks to mrbrownthumb, I posted a request to fix the Search function in the Suggestions forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: My posting in the suggestions forum.

Bookmark   September 11, 2006 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
Wanted: Woodland fern cuttings
Looking for woodland fern, lady in red, any ferns that...
dawnkelsch13
Want BRUGS cuttings in April or May........
Any one have Brugs cuttings to share in April or may?...
racetowin
WANTED. elephant ear
would love elephant ear tubers of any kind. I have...
mamcc2
HAVE: Succulents
I have haworthia limifolia, blue agave (tequilana )...
jolene_2010
Have: Daffodil bulbs
Moms daffs have gotten out of hand and she is asking...
cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™