Tornadoes whizzing by!

jaceysgranny(7aAR)November 28, 2005

Last night was fright nite around here. There were tornadoes popping up all over the place in Arkansas. We were right in tornado alley and one struck about 3 miles from our house. I was terrified and DH was standing on the porch looking for them. Today I drove around to look at the damage. There were several barns leveled and the tin scattered all over, hundreds of trees either broken off or pulled up by the roots. 8 homes were damaged and I saw 3 that were completely destroyed. One looked like a mobile home and there was nothing left but a pile of rubble where it had been. There were about a dozen people standing around there talking and I imagine now knowing where to begin clearing away. At this time of Thanksgiving, I give Thanks to God that I and my family was spared and that I remembered to pray for those not so fortunate. As far as I know, there was only one death but that was one too many! It was not here but about 50 miles away.

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nyvoices99

(((Nancy))))
Remember the times I have felt sorry for myself? Never again, after the last BIG hurricane, I think I got a new out look on life. Sorry for the lose, but Thank HEAVENS You & yours are OK...;)Anita

Bookmark   November 28, 2005 at 11:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaceysgranny(7aAR)

Thank you Anita!

Bookmark   November 30, 2005 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Blueberry plants, Cuttings or Offsets
I am looking for named blueberry plants or offsets...
cactuspaul Tulsa zone7
Wanted grape cuttings, fruit scions Have raspberries, blackberries,etc
I am looking for seedless table grape cuttings that...
bemonkey Zone 7 South New Jersey
passion fruit
anyone have the edible passion fruit vine.... passiflora...
mamcc2
New site ...where is the SEARCH button?
...can't seem to find it...help? ~Sandy
sandy_village
HAVE: Succulents
I have haworthia limifolia, blue agave (tequilana )...
jolene_2010
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™