World Aids Day

Joeypack(8 Ark/Tx)December 1, 2005

Once again, we continue to think of those infected, affected and those that unfortunately, have passed. I continue to see more and more of us foregetting this day. Please take the time to remember those that have died, those infected with the virus and the children and families affected by the disease. I pray that each of you take the time to think about what you can do for for those with this life threatening disease. Give someone a hug and let them know they are cared for. Joey Pack

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emmy57tn(z6 Tn.)

Just saw a peice on CNN 40 million kids will be orphaned in Africa because of aids by 2010. Praying for them and us.
Winni

Bookmark   December 1, 2005 at 11:35AM
emmaelice

I lost my Best friend to Aids. She had cancer, and contracted it from her husband who was a drug user. She died in her home in May 2004, she died at the age of 42. For the many years we were friends I was graced by this lovely Angel, who loved everyone more than herself. I will always hold her close in my heart, as for the millions of others who suffer from this Virus. I shall never forget this day and those we pray for.

Kathy

~In Loving Memory of Katheryn Mary Hayes~

We shall never forget....

Bookmark   December 1, 2005 at 12:39PM
romando(9b/10a , sunset 17)

Aids is in my thoughts a lot, not just today on world aids day.

It really doesn't matter how someone got it (other than teaching someone else to prevent next time)

It really doesn't care if you're young or old, just found the love of your life, or that you're trying to get your act together in the first place.

It also doesn't care that you are a mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, or best friend in the world.

But we can care; everyone is a person worthy of respect. Someone close to me lived with aids for many years; LIVED with aids. Everyone can help.

Amanda 'romando'

Bookmark   December 1, 2005 at 11:41PM
butterflychaser(z7)

Joey, as you know, one of my brothers has AIDS. He was diagnosed over 20 yrs ago. This summer, he had to have heart surgery due to the disease destroying a valve. He's doing well now and has plans to buy some property here and build a house to live out the rest of his days close to his family.

Someday, perhaps, there will be a real cure.

BC

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 12:54PM
jaceysgranny(7aAR)

Hi Joey,

If there is anyone out there who doesn't think they have reason to be concerned about aids they're living in the dark ages. I only know of one person that I knew personally who had aids and died of it but I'm sure there are more that I don't know about. Aids touches all of us at some point in our lives no matter who we are. We all need to pray for those who have it and that more of us won't get it. Thank you for reminding us Joey. Let's all pray for a cure to come soon.

Nancy

Bookmark   December 3, 2005 at 5:06PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Raspberry & Blackberry bareroot to a good home
I need to clear an area that is covered with healthy...
tomato345
WANTED: Rudbeckia maxima, Asclepias
Would like to set up a spring trade for Rudbeckia maxima,...
lovesblooms
WANTED: Blueberry plants, Cuttings or Offsets
I am looking for named blueberry plants or offsets...
cactuspaul Tulsa zone7
Wanted!! Joe Pye Weed
Have spider lilies for trade - red
gagalyellow
Have: Salvia Divinorum
Have 9 salvia divinorum plants to trade. Looking for...
benjoe
Sponsored Products
Color Paths Purple
Grandin Road
Built-In Countertop Induction Cooktop
Overstock.com
Ghia Collection 27" Wide Ceiling Light Fixture
Lamps Plus
Safavieh Runner Rug: Anatolia Olive/Rust 2' 3" x 20'
Home Depot
Valdichiana Steak Knife - Black Lucite - Set of 4 - Coltellerie Berti
$634.00 | HORNE