Pineapples

cghpndApril 22, 2013

Hey yall. I was wondering if anyone else has used a pineapple top to grow in a container. I have searched the web and here and I cant seem to find anything.
I am new to gardening so I really need help ...

I have 5 pineapple tops so far, 3 of them have roots and I just planted the one with the most roots and I sat it outside. Is that ok? Any advice/tips on growing them would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nelsoncastro

Pineapple plants are some of the easiest plants to grow either indoors or outdoors. Unlike other fruit-bearing plants, pineapple plants can survive easily in a self-contained pot and do not grow to be very large.

Fill a 12-inch pot with soil and then transfer the pineapple from the water dish to the dirt, making sure to completely cover all roots. You may then place the pineapple in a sunny area (like a window) indoors or on a porch. If you live in an area that is warm year-round, you can put the plant outside in a garden.

Water the plant at least twice a week and remove any leaves that brown as soon as possible. Fertilize the pineapple plant at least once a month. After a year your plant will reach maturity and then in two you should see your first fruit flower.

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 7:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cghpnd

Thanks so much for the help! It seems to be doing ok. What if just the tips of the leaves are brown, still remove the whole leaf?

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 9:50AM
More Discussions
Making my garden easy care
I need an easy are garden. Because of ill health ,...
Carry2
Container potatoes in straw?
I tried growing potatoes in straw in garbage bags last...
beesneeds
Need help identifying a few plants from a photo
Can someone please identify the plants used in this...
Merci Ava Maria
Buckeye re-potting - Trees in Containers (pics)
Hello and good afternoon, container gardeners! California...
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
Why can't I grow vigna caracalla? Can you?
Hi Everyone I'm in z11 and took a while to get my hands...
rexedwardfairy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™