I would love some feedback on my backyard ideas

nicholerh(8b)January 15, 2011

hello all. I would love it if I could get some constructive criticism, feedback, opinions, etc on what I am envisioning for my yard.

The link I've attached has the whole story, photos, explanation, etc. It's a pretty long explanation so I hope you can make it to the end! If you have any questions about my ideas or need further explanation, please ask away.

Is the vision I have for my yard awful?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.niroha.com/2011/01/lets-talk-about-my-yard.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
manda3(8a DFW Texas)

Are you using the pavers as a walkway? It just feels odd to constrict yourself against a fence. Using a similar idea:

I would add some green and height around the entire border, then have your pavers there (blue), and either add more green or a table to the center.

Bookmark   January 15, 2011 at 5:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicholerh(8b)

Hi there thanks for the feedback. The pavers along the border wouldn't be for a walk way - on the left side I plan on putting more of those planter boxes (like the two you see on the left side) to expand my veggie garden. I am going to put some on the right side also but it gets heavier shade so there's only so many shade-loving veggies I can plant there. I hope to build a chicken coop and put it under the shady portion of the right-side also.

Whatever I plant in the back corners I hope to give me some height and visual impact. One of the things I worry about is if you look behind the fence in the back there is a 4-5' drop off to the neighbors yard and it's supported by a concrete retaining wall. Will any trees I plant back there weaken this retaining wall? I worry about the root system pushing it out and costing a lot of money in repairs.

Bookmark   January 17, 2011 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Looking for front of house ideas
We recently moved into this house. It was a new construction...
jsandlin0803
Bed lines don't matter if....
They're covered in snow! It will be interesting to...
Bama_Joe
Spacing for Armstrong Maple and Crimson Spire Oak
I plan to provide height to the borders of my backyard...
Bob Sislow
What can I put here for privacy
I bought this house 18 months ago and I'm not certain...
Carlton Clay
Can a new wood fence be moved?
I recently purchased a house with a newly installed...
dyhgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™