WANTED: Have bamboo to trade

LtlWilli(8)January 18, 2014

I have a variegated-leaf bamboo that grows to about 15' and sheds it's leaves in the winter...Canes are about 1 1/2-2" thick at the base, but they arch too much for fishing poles. They do spread, as I had to bury tin shets around them to keep them from the yard. I would like to trade away some root cutngs and small shoots for the things on my "Plants Wanted" page. If you have nothing there, make a suggestion, please.The variegated leaves are so pretty in the Spring, with the wind blowing thru them. Get back to me if interested.
Thanks,
LtlWilli~Rick

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LtlWilli(8)

I also have Russian Olive cuttings that I can cut off. also, a fruiting pomeganite to prune..Just ask

Bookmark   January 19, 2014 at 3:00AM
jeannie75(6)

I have autumn joy sedum I can send you when it comes up this spring or I can send you some forsynthia bush cuttings. also I have some redhotpokers, lemon balm and lotsa mint! my 11 year old got a start of bamboo years ago but it didn't take off. he loves it. also if anyone wants to trade for houseplant starts im game.

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 3:06PM
miketropic

What yuccas are you looking for I have a few diff ones I could trade

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 5:33PM
LtlWilli(8)

I am looking for outdoor xeriascape plants for a small cactus garden, so I am pretty much easy to please. Feel free to make a suggestion (I do like any variegated types). Just let me know how much and how big a start you need, and we can go from there.
Jeannie,
I do not need succulents, but would not be adverse to setting you all up with a starting of this stuff. Let me know your needs, and i wil see what I can do for you.
Regards,
Rick in Texas, the land of cowpies and grassburrs.

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 7:30PM
jeannie75(6)

I haven't got much. im just really starting over. when my kids were little I didn't work and had my outside and inside plants. then I trotted my happy butt to work at a hospital and nursing homes for about 15 years. between that and juggling basketball baseball and boyscouts I just didn't have time. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 2 years ago and had to leave work soon after. now I have the time but my funds are limited until I get my social security hearing so ill be willing to try anything. I love just about any plant. let me know how much to send you for postage if you can get me started please and thank you.

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 11:44PM
LtlWilli(8)

Jeannie,
Please send me your mailing addy to mosin53@aol.com, and I will gladly supply you with root cuttings to get it started...I am also disabled, so I completely understand your plight....No need for any postage , either... I will absorb that.
All the best regards,
LtlWilli ~ Rick

Bookmark   February 2, 2014 at 5:03AM
paul_cronin

Hi Rick!

I'd love a bamboo start! I have some Haworthia fasciata pups that are houseplants here, but I'm guessing they could be used outdoors in a cactus garden. I also have a red-twigged dogwood cutting from last year which is rooted and growing, although I am unsure how it would fare down in your area. sadly, I have nothing on your wish list, as I'm a relative noob.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 1:40PM
LtlWilli(8)

I am sorry, but I am at the northern edge of zone 8 and it frequently goes below 20 here. So, it would not work in this cactus garden.
You might want to place a post pointing out your want for bamboo, and mention what you have to trade..You might just get a bite.
Best of luck.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 3:07PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Scion Wood
I plan to prune in February or late January and will...
charlieboring
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap Portland, OR area)
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check a member's profile page, you will see...
Tamara
HAVE: Monstera deliciosa albo variegata
I have rooted cuttings of Monstera deliciosa albo variegata....
antbeez6
WANTED. elephant ear
would love elephant ear tubers of any kind. I have...
mamcc2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™