WANTED: Kudzu

JohnGlades777January 1, 2013

I am looking for some Kudzu cuttings, I have Coleus cuttings to trade, or can send money to pay postage.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wally_1936(8b)

Warning here in Texas they are out-lawed, it is a very invasive plant. It was planted here to prevent soil erosion but have taken over everywhere it was planted. It seems to be use in oriental cooking. Not a even nice looking plant.

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 1:10PM
kayjones(Mo6b)

If you travel to the southern states, you will find it growing wild - I know of no place that sells the plants. EBay has vendors that sell the seeds.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 8:01AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

May I ask where you are located in the US?

See link below for setting up your garden zone/location (See I am 5/6 S INdiana). By getting set up properly, your location will be displayed automatically whenever you make a post.

Here is a link that might be useful: addressing newbie and newer member issues

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 9:53AM
MoonFire(8b)

I can send you as much Kudzu as you'd like...however I'd like to make sure I'm not gonna go to jail or be fined for sending to a place that doesn't allow kudzu...it is very invasive here...have it all over the place and have sprayed every type of poison (allowable) we can figure to get rid of it...it takes over my trees on my back fenceline and on our neighbors fence lines and covers our sheds if we allow it to and don't keep it cut back...the flowers do smell wonderful and are even pretty to me...i've also been told they are edible...however the hassle isn't worth it for me if i had a choice...oh and it will also choke out all your other vegetation it can get ahold of from trees it runs up to other vines and flowers...

Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 9:13PM
msbatt

Kudzu is eating the South. It can NOT be contained, so don't even think about trying, unless you live somewhere north of Nome, Alaska.

Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 7:41PM
tandreehodge(8)

Please, please don't plant kudzu!! It will either die or it will take over EVERYTHING!

Bookmark   January 13, 2013 at 4:07PM
msbatt

And the odds are REALLY against it dying.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 12:56AM
momgardens1(8)

Yes, I have to agree with other posts, I live in Nortth Carolina, and see kudzu Everywhere, it swallows trees buildings EVERYTHING, extremely invasive, now comes with its own beetle, who was also imported, should def. research kudzu before trying to grow it, don't want to start a kudzu epidemic :)

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 6:24AM
momgardens1(8)

And the beetles stink!!!

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 6:29AM
bama35967(7---8)

I love kudzu blooms can be used for jelly leaves eatin and alot of other uses . cows and goats will kill it off by grazing

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 3:00PM
JohnGlades777

Thats what I need it for, the horses, and cattle.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 4:42PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Again, where are you located? You don't have your location set up in your member profile.

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 2:49AM
More Discussions
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check a member's profile page, you will see...
Tamara
Trade
I am looking for jasmine cuttings, rooted rose cuttings...
guinnevtra
WANTED colocasia pinapple princess
Lost this one a few years ago and it seems to have...
miketropic
WANTED. elephant ear
would love elephant ear tubers of any kind. I have...
mamcc2
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap Portland, OR area)
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™