Back Yard Privacy

northeastgardenJanuary 6, 2013

I so would appreciate any help in finding privacy for my back yard. We have a pool and I have included our side yard. I will include pictures of back yard but can only upload one picture at a time. It isn't a large back yard. I just so feel like I'm in a fish bowl when I sit on my deck.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bertspro

Leyland Cypress is an obvious choice but many gardeners get fed up with it becuase it can be weak and break easily. They also look pretty boring if you ask me. You could get enough small trees to surround your pool for a few hundred bucks, and within a few years, depending on the soil and sun, have a privacy hedge of 10-20 feet. I have 3 in my yard (sort of) that my neighbor planted 5 years ago that were 6 feet at the time and they are now easily 30+feet. This, despite the fact that they were planted in the middle of a massive patch of Japanese Honeysuckle. Then again the house where I grew up we planted some when I was 7 or 8 and they grew very very slow. I guess they do well given the conditions of my new neighborhood.

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
Help with frontyard design changes
Hi, I’m in the process of replacing turf in my front...
quikslvr0017
On Site Calculations - Area
If you do construction as well as design, sooner or...
pls8xx
Feedback on my design/plans?
In a previous thread I asked for general suggestions...
Kristin
Raised Garden Bed Construction Help
Hello Everyone! What wonderful help! I've built about...
Garden Chickee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™