Fence Dilemma - need advice

zone8heatherFebruary 14, 2014

Hello all. We have a waterfront home in Florida and have stunning sunset views to our west or left side of our home. The vacant lot next door (.35 acres) just received a new 5500 Sq ft 3 story home and they just completed a 6 ft fence all the way to the water. This new fence completely blocks our sunset view and my favorite view altogether. I'd like to be a good neighbor...but now I would like to simply create privacy now down the fence line ( our home is a one story). First...how I do that and not feel guilty of hindering their view of the water. ..or should I care at all and simply create my private bastion. I give up a lot to afford to live in this beautiful spot and it has been hard to let go of the privacy and even more so the more beautiful views....All advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

Please show in a picture what you are describing.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 2:09PM
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

I'd build a 2 story deck so you can enjoy your view! This (and I hate them) is one reason a HOA is a good thing. Without that, you don't have a prayer.

A little concrete, lumber, and labor will give you a nice deck. You can just go up there and enjoy your view. Put a cover on it, and they can't watch from their 3 story house.

That was pretty tacky what they did. They should have been more considerate.

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 11:21PM
AnnieM100

Create privacy and if you can, build a deck - when it comes to views, we can't take them for granted. In my neighborhood, people are selling their older homes and the new buyers are building up to get a view. Funny though, one neighbor build up to get a view then the one in front build up and obstructed their view. And they used to be friends. Good luck.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 8:56PM
More Discussions
Help with frontyard design changes
Hi, I’m in the process of replacing turf in my front...
quikslvr0017
quick screen
I'm zone 7 and the spot is full sun. I had a 12' photinia...
Mary Bright
Please need help 100% blank slate both front and back
Hi guys glad I found this forum been reading alot of...
lexysdad04
Feedback on my design/plans?
In a previous thread I asked for general suggestions...
Kristin
New construction landscaping
I am looking for any suggestions for low maintenance...
lauracrawford28
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™